Skip to content

Purebred?

I am thinking of going with this breeder and was wondering if you guys think it is purebred or not. I also attached pics of the sire and dam.
image.png
640 x 1136 - 2M
image.png
640 x 1136 - 1M
image.png
640 x 1136 - 1018K

Comments

• I'm no expert but the female definitely looks purebred, hard to see the males face and headshape from that picture but he looks like a bully to me. The cute little pup has quite a pointed rather than curved head but at that age a lot of them do. Also some cameras and angles are hard to judge. Have you researched the breeder? Seen other puppies from that litter or previous (if any)? If you don't mind me asking how much are you paying, does he come with papers and health guarantee? Either way he/she will fill you with all the love and then some, sure is a cutie!
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Agree with Erikashea's observations... what are the bloodlines? How much?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited May 2016
    Sire and Dam are purebred Bull Terriers. Puppy may not have a great head or show qualities but he appears to be a cute Bull Terrier. My concerns would be on health, genetics, and reputation of bloodlines.

http://bulliesofnc.com/finding-reputable-bull-terrier-breeder/

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Bloodlines are Ann-Dee and Milky Way. The price is 1800 and there is a health gurantee. One of the litter mates was a deaf puppy so I would assume there was some health testing done to find that out. I don't want to show a BT when I get one, I just want a buddy. I am going to meet with the breeder this weekend and ask more questions.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Milky Way has a terrible reputation and Ann-Dees can be found in 90% of all pedigrees. After Betty Desmond and Elaine Bernard passed away Ann-Dee's has been a bloodline of the past. I realize Pam Demond may still be raising BT's but the Ann-Dees bloodlines today is coming from breeders from all over. Whether they are good or bad is debatable. Almost all puppies have some sort of Health Guarantee but most are worthless. A deaf puppy can easily be detected by a breeder without any form of test. The BAER Test is mainly to determine if there is impairment not necessarily deafness. There are plenty of BT's that are likely to be deaf in one ear or partially deaf in both but the owners don't even know it.
    $1800 is a lot for that puppy especially knowing it has Milky Way lines. Sounds like a BYB to me and the only reason I am taking the time to tell you this information is out of respect and to throw some caution to you. I hope you red the above link I provided you and used it to analyze the breeder you currently have interest with.
    It's much better to do the research now vice later when you're learning the qualities of Bull Terrier with true merit. For now at least learn the desired head shape and then study the head on this puppy in order to accurately predict the future structure. I don't think you'd need me to tell you what type head this puppy will have. I think you could do better for the money you are investing into a Bull Terrier puppy.

head.png
    454 x 417 - 338K
    BT Head Types.JPG
    526 x 584 - 62K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com