Skip to content

Petite she's not

So, I weighed my 7 month old ( exactly 7 mo today) mini today...mini being the operative word, and she's almost 34 lbs! I thought minis weren't supposed to be that big! I think she still has a lot of growing to do! We feed her twice a day, she's a grazer, and she gets coconut oil and 1 banana per day. And sometimes we share an apple. Do I have a buffalo on my hands?imageimage
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 791K
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 791K
image.jpeg
2448 x 2448 - 740K

Comments

• Sorry for all the duplicate pics...I get a little trigger happy.
  • She's adorable! Layla is a full size 9 months old EBT and weighs every bit of 50lbs.....possibly even more she's a bit skidish about the scale lol. Maybe being a mini just isn't good enough for her. Either way she's beautiful! So glad Layla isn't the only who refuses to sit properly in a chair.
    1463093300021.jpg
    332 x 187 - 15K
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited May 2016
    If she were a Buffalo she'd be a beautiful one!!!  But she looks more
    like a ramp model, she is so lanky! She will nearly double that weight
    in the next year (That's if you stop feeding her those weight watcher
    meals!
    :((
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Double that weight?????? What???? You're kidding, right????
  • She's beautiful and really big for a mini! She's a little rhino for sure :\">
    Sorry, I can't see her as being a mini... with those long legs?, Those tiles look about 24" right? From the photos hard to see, but she looks like a full size from here.... 65lbs, minimum. (I could be wrong, it happened once before, in 1976, I remember it well) Post a photo, side view, standing, with something to scale her from.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Philsergeant, you're scaring me!! The tiles are 18 x 18 and the foot stool is 17" high. Now what do you think?image
    image.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 789K
    edited May 2016
    These are typical Standard/ Mini relative proportions... Which one do you think she looks like?
    Minis should only really be 10" to 12" high and weigh around 30lbs, full grown.!!!!
    (Actually I borrowed your dog for this photo... just kidding, but they look so alike)
    Normal-and-miniature-Bull-Terriers.jpg
    2084 x 1444 - 463K
  • Ha! My husband just measured her from her shoulder...16". Holy **it! Did we get duped???
  • Hey Violet Bliss.... I was curious about Swiss's measurmnts..... So i measured from her shoulders. She was between 12 & 13 inches. Swiss will be 9 months june 5th. Viloet is beautiful. The breeder or broker told me that swiss was going to be a larger mini. She guessed that she would end up being about 35 lbs. violet seems like she's gonna be bigger than swiss. How big were her parents?
    edited May 2016
    @VioletBliss ... That is your dog in the comparative size photo, right?  :-)
    How could you be duped with such a beauty.... If it were my choice of the two dogs in the photo I'd much rather have yours... Unless you drive one of those little bubble cars or somfing?

P.S. She has an incredible coat, please try and keep it that way!!!! (I know it's not easy)
  • Hi Swissmiss! The breeder didn't tell me she was gonna be a big mini, and I haven't contacted her. Violet is 16" at the shoulder, and 34 lbs. And she's only 7 months! Honestly, I don't remember her parents being that big, and the pic the breeder sent me is in cyber heaven. We wouldn't trade her for the world anyways...this will just be a fun ride to see how big she gets. She's probably some freak of nature, 1 in a million kind of puppy.....so of course, it happens to me!
  • ......and let's see some pics of Swiss!
  • @philsargeant, she is a beauty, isn't she? Lol, proud mama here! However big or small she turns out to be, we wouldn't trade her for anything...its just gonna be interesting to see! And thank you for the comment about her coat...I attribute it to coconut oil, and I forgot to include 1 egg a day in my previous comment.
    It is what it is. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
    And thank you so much for your input!
  • It is very hard for me to get pictures of her unless she's totally occupied with something. Otherwise she just starts running towards me and next thing I know she is in a full on "bully run" Here is one while she is walking. I will try to get some side views today.image
    IMG_6637.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
  • imageimageimage
    IMG_6747.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    IMG_6745.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    She's fantabulous!
    (Both fantastic and fabulous)
  • Thank you thank you.......... we also think she's fantabulous!!!!!
  • She's beautiful! I love her markings!