Skip to content

Panting

Hi

quick question.

Arrow is 14 weeks old and we live in Thailand. He Pants constantly. He has been checked by a vet (vets in Thailand arent always up to western standards). he has access to water and drinks.
is it just the heat.... its 96 most days and even at night doesnt really drop below 92
i dont walk him etc during mid daybut he hardly has any energy
should i look for anything specific or worry about his panting. its even when resting 

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    They hate the heat, That's why they continue to be called ENGLISH Bull Terriers...Love the cold.

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Hi there - If it's just heat related, I've learned that when my bullie gets hot i dip his feet in really cold water - and he seems to cool down faster. Try giving Arrow ice cubes too? Maybe keep him in areas that are naturally cooler for him and always have a fan running so he feels a cool breeze. It may be something entirely different, but if these things don't help at all, you may want to get a second opinion from a different vet.

Maybe try freezing one of his toys too that seem freezable??

Good luck!!! I'm sure Arrow will be perfect :)  

• He does like the ice cubes.... it is so funny watching his confused face when he gets them every time.... I have made him a bath and he lies in that in the shade. it is a waste of time washing him as as soon as he is clean he is like a magnate to water

Thanks for the info guys, i thought as much on the heat and im not concerned just wanted reassurance :)

He is a new breed to me and a new country to me too so me and Arrow can learn together till we return whenever that is :).. 

He is Perfect !!! :)
    1.jpg
    1520 x 2688 - 465K
    2.jpg
    1164 x 2018 - 1M
    3.jpg
    508 x 240 - 52K
    4.jpg
    960 x 642 - 169K
    1.jpg 464.7K
    2.jpg 1.4M
    3.jpg 52.3K
    4.jpg 169.5K
    edited May 2016
    Do they have those joggers' neckchiefs there. The ones you put in the freezer.. Construction workers also wear them. As long as they don't contain a refrigerant that's toxic. Or you can just wet bandanas and put them in the freezer. But that doesn't last as long
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited May 2016
    I obviously have a weird Bully Pup. Harley Quinn loves heat and can be found in any sunny spot she can find. Harley spent a lot of the day basking in the garden today however living in Scotland she's probably charging her solar batteries as there's usually precious little around. We never get the temperatures the warmer climes get. Unfortunately she's not too fond of rain, which will certainly be a problem. Hope Arrow cools down X
    edited May 2016
    @Tirednemotional .... That's because Scotland (that's in Iceland right? :-) ) is so djang freezing she needs all the warmth she can get, so when it's 19 degreeC outside you guys think it's hot... we are talking 38 degreeC here! :(( :((
    (all in good humour obviously)!!!
  • @philsergeant Lol! Yup we actually hit a 26 degrees today... Almost unheard of