Skip to content

Boarding/Dogsitting

Hey all!

My boyfriend and I have finally come to a weekend that we need to go away! This will be the first weekend since we've gotten Gilbert (March 2015) that we can't bring the little piglet with us. For any NY members... Do you know of any good dog sitting places or former bull terrier owners that dog sit in the rockland county area? We are 20 minutes out of NYC. If it were up to me- I'd want him to stay with other bullies and people who understand their wonderful craziness Instead of a typical boarding facility. As you all know, our bullies can be a little handful and we're just hoping to find someone who has a love for him like we do!

Anyone know anybody?!
image.jpg
750 x 1334 - 246K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    You can put him on a plane to Florida and we'll look after him with pleasure!!!  Can't guarantee that you'll ever get him back though  :-)  Yeah, I don't trust boarding kennels further than I can throw them.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited May 2016
    I don't have a definite recommendation, just some thoughts:
    Maybe Craigslist is an option, if you are careful with the information you give away in advance and look extra careful at the answers you are going to get, if there are any.

Also perhaps you have a local rescue group for Bull Terriers or other groups who meet in dog parks or so in your area. Maybe there will be someone willing to do the job?

And if you did not think about that already: You could post this search in other english dog forums. More people finding your search may bring the desired dog sitter.
  • Thank you! I will look into ALL of the above :) 
  • Check out Rover.com.  The individuals who pet sit from this site are insured.