Skip to content

Big lump on face

Hi everyone, candy is 11 months, she has a lump on her face that doesn't go away, we took her to the vet already and they gave her prednisolone last Monday, by Friday we call vet again and he gave her antibiotics, it's been 7 days since we notice the lump but it's looks same
Vet doesn't know what it is and he wants me to bring her back to insert a niddle but I am nervous about giving her tranquilizer
If anybody knows something please help
image.jpeg
2448 x 3264 - 1M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Looks like an abscessed tooth. If you took your Bullie into the Vet to get an exam and he/she couldn't figure out what was the cause of the lump I would highly encourage you to use a different Vet.

I think it's a tooth problem and if it's an abscessed tooth you need to have that treated before the infection gets into her bloodstream.

Does she have stinky breath?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Could it possibly be an ingrown hair?  I ask because lovely Katie had one in her paw pad, and it swelled like mad.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited May 2016
    Can you load more photos from different angles? Is it soft and squishy or hard? Does it hurt her?  If it hurts does it hurt when you move her teeth (tooth)?  I agree, any vet that can't give you a better first time diagnosis should either go back to kindergarten or stop trying to bill people twice for one consultation/ treatment... Candy is stunning!... poor baby!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • The vet said she is too young to have an abscessed tooth
    Her lump is hard as a rock, when we push against it doesn't hurt her
    We don't know what it is, she started itching her face then 2 days later she had that lump
    I will post more picture soon
    We have another appointment with vet tomorrow and I agree that he should have known better first consultation, we might cancel appointment and take her another vet
    We were hoping it was just allergic reaction to something she ate but pills didn't help
  • Pics
    image.jpeg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    image.jpeg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    image.jpeg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    image.jpeg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    They can have a piece of a bone or some other object stuck in the gums causing a problem at any age. That lump appears to be coming from inside the mouth verses something that initiated from the outside of her face.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Good luck at the (better?) vet... I am sure the nightmare will be over soon, it doesn't strike me as a permanent thing, especially as it grew "overnight"
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.