Skip to content

12 week old male EBT puppy food questions

I got just got a 12 week old EBT puppy a week ago he's awesome! I'm currently feeding home Authority grain free puppy food from petsmart I was wondering if that's a good food and how much and often he should be eating a day. He acts like he's always hungry which I know some EBTS will over eat so I'm not to concerned with that but I just want to make sure it's normal
IMAG0796.jpg
1836 x 3264 - 1M
IMAG0772.jpg
1836 x 3264 - 1M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    It's normal for them to appear as though they have a bottomless pit for a stomach. It's good not to over feed either, this way he'll continue to keep a hearty appetite and look forward to eating.

Authority Grain Free is a pretty good food. It earned a 4 star rating in reviews - http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/authority-grain-free-dog-food/

If you like shopping at PetSmart they offer Blue Buffalo Wilderness which is actually a step up to a 5 star rated grain free food which provides a little bit better nutritional value.

Your Bullie looks great!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Just wondering how much you think I should feed him he turned 3 months yesterday and the bag of dog food says feed him 1 3/4 cup a day. I've only have him 6 days and am taking him to the vet next week and will ask her I was just wondering what you thought?
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    At 3 months he should be borderline between eating 3 times a day, about 1/2 a cup each time, and moving to twice a day at 1 cup per feeding.... That's if you are giving him kibble alone, which I know many people do, but I have never been a "kibble alone" believer.  What brand is he getting ??, he should be getting "puppy" version for at least the first 18 months.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I give him 1/2 cups three times a day right now I feed him Authority grain free puppy food from petsmart should he get some wet food too? This is my first EBT so I want to make sure he gets the right nutrients I have a 8 year old female pitbull I rescued off the streets but she only eats dry kibble 
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited April 2016
    Yes, I surely wean him (slowly otherwise he'll get some runs) onto some
    wet food (Merrick is good)... and add a raw egg once a week for now....
    When he is 8 months or so you can start to add raw.image
    Merrick2.jpg
    860 x 1198 - 254K
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.