Skip to content

Female Humping

Hi everyone im very new to this site

could anyone help please, we have a 14 week old white bully bitch Dolly. we have 2 boys aged 17( he is very small for his age) and 11 (he is very big for his age), she has suddenly started tring to hump the boys but not me or my partner. Could anyone advise me please. 

Many thanks

Lynn   

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    She has worked out that there is little chance of dominating you or your partner, but is trying to get her place in the family pecking order to be above the boys. They simply, like all teaching/ training, have to force her down with a stern "NO".  Pin if necessary. Once she understands she is even "below" them, she'll stop.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thank you for that Phil, although she does still try her best to dominate me she will just pounce on me whilst i am sat watching tv wanting to play although after spraying her with water many a time that is now stopping. The humping has only ever happened while we have gone out and left her with the boys. The sons answer was to lock her in her crate which is something we do not do, i tend not to use the crate has a punishment has she likes to go in there for a nap or to chew her treats. I hvave just never known this behaviour with a female. We will give it a go she absolutely detests being pinned.  

• Our last BT Roxy was a very dominant girl. When my extremely passive brother in law would visit she would always jump up on the couch and hump him, of course he was at a loss/terrified requiring an immediate rescue. The other brother in law is an aggressive a-hole and Roxy would mind her manners around him at all times. 

With out pinning we would have gone crazy, highly recommend it, when she was a pup we had the kids hand feed her till she new her place, took under a week. You should have no problem getting on top of this situation.

Good luck and pictures please.

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    @lynnyb..... See how smart she is... Only tries to be team captain when the real bosses are away!

@ Marx..... Tell the truth now... how much did you encourage Roxy to try and make the a-hole brother-in-law stop visiting? :((
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Dogs (regardless of male or female) will hump another dog as an act of dominance. Normally you see it occur with two dogs who aren't all that familiar with each other and as Phil stated, trying to earn their position within the pecking order of alpha dominance.
    Here's an old photo of mine I found that shows one of our females Kolohe (now 11 years old) with a rescue Bullie named Lincoln. Kolohe is the one humping him and he's just sitting back saying "What in the world are you trying to do?"

Lincoln_Kolohe_2.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 643K
    Lincoln_Kolohe_3.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 643K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  •  
    Thank you for the comments , she even tried to hump my leg last night only a little one i gave her a firm no and that was the end of it. Dont even know if it was a hump she just wrapped her self around my leg but once she was given a firm no she immediately got down. I have seen it often with male dogs but never a female. She is only 14 weeks old so im sure it is just her trying to be dominent.
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    480 x 640 - 157K
    dolly2.JPG
    480 x 640 - 103K

• @ Marx..... Tell the truth now... how much did you encourage Roxy to try and make the a-hole brother-in-law stop visiting? :((
    Hi Phil, fortunately the wife and this particular brother don't get along, he visits once or twice a year only and Roxy is spared any dirty work.
  • edited April 2016
    Another pic here to share. Buddies American pit 13 years old and Rex submitted. But now he being twice as heavy and much younger bout a year. This no longer happens. Lol
    She is 35ish in pic runt she was
    He is now 60ish.
    image.jpg
    1102 x 1484 - 496K