Skip to content

Not a photo, but ...

... yesterday I got in the mood for some painting. What makes a better model than the own dog, right? :) Here she is - tada! :)

:)

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Amazing what some people can do with just a few strokes right!  Fabulous!  But then your excuse is that she is such an inspiration ( I hope you got a model release form signed, if you go to jail who will love her?)

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • That is stunning! Do you sell them? My father in law would LOVE that!
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I wish I could draw half that good!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited April 2016
    Thank you guys for the feedback, so happy that you like it.
    I have been drawing and painting since I was able to hold a pen. And I am really, really happy that I was even able to make it part of the creative work I do for a living as a graphic designer today.

Yet, I still enjoy drawing as a hobby, too, and this was actually a real "spur of the moment thing".

Today I am drawing and painting solely digitally (on the computer), which is neat, because the results can be used for manifold purposes. Some of you may know that I am drawing cartoons. Currently I am still collecting seasonal cartoons of mine, because I hope to be able and publish an entire cartoon calendar one day (hopefully I will be ready by the end of this year, getting close to the number of images I need :).

I am still in the process of trying to make my hobby work a little bit profitable to be able and gather some funds for donations to charitable organizations for kids or dogs. I would love my hobby work to “pay for better lives”. I would also really love to support one or the other charitable event or good cause directly with my artwork.
    So far, despite one or the other contact no real chances have come across ... I actually thought that many non-profit associations would be more eager to get that kind of support.
    But money is probably just a more direct help in most cases. I understand that.
    Yet, that does not mean that artists are not needed at all, right? :)

If you know of any good good cause (for kids or dogs), you think I could support with my work, please let me know. All I am asking for in exchange in those cases is to have my name involved and to learn more about the respective organization/ event.

I actually never realized that anyone could be interested in drawings/paintings such as the one above. Maybe I am just too focussed on my cartoons and my blog. :)

So while this artwork was not intended to be a promotion in the first place, yes, I am producing custom artwork (not only animals :).
    And … well, yeah, if anyone is looking for a very special birthday or Christmas present, just send me a message and I'll see, what I can offer.

P.S.
    All Mila asks for in return for being my model for videos, photos, cartoons and drawings are … balls. Sounds like a cheap deal, but to her balls mean EVERYTHING! :)
    And ask for who would love Djamila, if I were out of the picture … I say: EVERYONE! The neighbors, friends, family and even strangers. Seriously, what is it about these dogs that basically EVERYONE LOVES THEM! :)
    Just kidding, I am happy that so many people see the true good in those furry little angels.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    I received a silly pearl of wisdom today, actually from a dumb football (soccer, not the American kind) pro commentator, who said:  "you know, I have never worked a day in my life".... Because he loves football so much, just being involved in it is a privilege.... That's like you, you should be so happy that you are blessed to be working in a field that you love... and to wrap Bullies in with that too.... I hope you say your prayers and thanks every night.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited April 2016
    @philsergeant
    You are right, I AM so lucky! And I think of the opportunities life has blessed me with and am thankful for them every day.
    I try to always make the best of the chances I get, often driven by an urge to "do more". Never was the type looking for the easiest job or the one that simply makes the most money. I am the type that needs to do something productive for a living.
    Funny enough, my husband was the one who eventually showed me how to use my creative skills professionally years ago, without even realizing at that time that he was triggering my future profession.
    Unlike the situation of that Soccer player many parts of my job absolutely DO feel like work. :)
    But I don't mind and embrace even those parts, because they allow me to also do the things I absolutely love.