Skip to content

Frankie the TV addict ...,

I've always been led to believe that dogs can at best only see silhouettes on the TV but ever since we had a free Animal Planets preview Frankie loves watching TV, fast moving cars, pets of course and even the news. 
TV 5.jpg
720 x 1280 - 110K
TV 6.jpg
720 x 1280 - 133K
tv dog.jpg
720 x 1280 - 150K

Comments

• edited April 2016
    I've read about dogs' vision a while ago.
    Latest studies state that a dog's vision allegedly is comparable to that of a short sighted person - without correcting glasses of course :).
    Newer studies also suggest that against the former assumption of dogs being color blind they are actually able to see colors, only not as bright as humans see them. To dogs colors are said to look more palish and greyish.

With Djamila it is either animal movement on the screen or a combination of attractive noise and movement (of animals or people) that catches her attention - sometimes followed by her "wanting to check that out" and us hustling up to keep her from doing it.
    We often catch her watching TV with us from her favorite spot on the couch and I no longer think that TV for animals is pure hokum.

But I would still not let her watch TV entertainment for animals. I even avoid watching videos with animals on Youtube when she is around, because especially the noises seem to activate the springs in her feet - causing unexpected results, such as a dog on the desk or in the TV or so ...
    :))
  • funnily enough i was watching youtibe videos on this the other day ill link them but as always fact check youtube videos as they dont always get everything 100% everytime :) 

• Very interesting details - especially the second video! Thanks for posting that!  :)
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Obviously the KID, in the second video, was reading a well prepared script... (much like Obuma)... I agree, dogs have lesser vision qualities than humans, but, surely, greater intelligence than him, for example.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Regarding Frankie, ... he apparently was a human in a previous life, (thus his attraction to the TV), but now, he is a greater elevated life form, thus a wonderful looking Bullie. He just can't throw that silly human trait from before... but I am sure he will soare to his deserved heights of looking lovingly upon humans instead of trying to emulate them.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Phil oh yeah totally he read from a script . I think everything is individual my tufty must of had amazing vision for a dog as she seemed to be able to spot small little fluffy things a mile away maybe she was part hawk haha 
  • Djammy, thanks for the new info and we can relate to no animal shows, especially cartoons with their sound effects always start off with Frankie on the coffee table and end with her trying to dive into the TV.

Harriet, very interesting videos, thanks for sharing.

Phil, like you I sincerely believe BTs are higher life forms in dog suits.

Frankie is quite a tropical fish fan too, she even supervises water changes.
    SDC12531.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 488K
    F 6.jpg
    720 x 1280 - 143K
    SDC12556.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 482K
    SDC12558.JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 933K