Skip to content

Red bump on foot

Any idea what this red bump is? I noticed it a few weeks ago. It feels like a callus. It doesn't seem to hurt if I touch it. It is on the inside of his back right leg.

Zeus is eating taste of the wild high prairie puppy. Not on supplements anymore cause he seems to hate the taste and refuses to eat if I add it to his food. I give him small bites of  fruits and veggies occasionally, which I probably shouldn't be doing after searching through the forums and seeing all the nail/yeast problems!
ZeusFoot.jpg
1292 x 736 - 454K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited March 2016
    This is just me, because I hate seeing someone go off to the vet and getting ripped off with huge surgery and biopsy charges... and it's not professional advise, but has worked for me.... If it's a growth that looks and feels like a wart, then I'd use some of that "freezer" type wart remover you get from the pharmacy.  It has worked for me a couple of times... 1 week.... gone.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • choobachooba Michigan / Missouri
    Did it just suddenly appear out of nowhere ?
    Google "Histiocytoma"

Chooba was perfectly fine over the weekend, and within 24 hrs he has a red hairless bump on his outer thigh. I am taking him in to the Vet this afternoon for them to look at it. It covered the description to a T so that's my johnny on the spot diagnosis.
    The picture below is off the interwebs but change the hair color and it would be a duplicate of Choobs leg.
    Let you know what the Vet says

bump.png
    729 x 484 - 909K
    bump.png 909.3K
    edited March 2016
    My rule is...
    If it's soft and squishy... Vet...
    If it's hard, dry and textured.... Wart Freeze
    Yes, they go to bed with nothing, next morning, bump.
    My girl had one the same size and this is what was left of Isabella's after 2 freeze shots.... Hair growing over already.

PostWart.JPG
    2016 x 1512 - 688K
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • choobachooba Michigan / Missouri
    My jonny on the spot diagnosis was spot on.
    "Histiocytoma"
    $ 80 dollars for exam and cytology.

I have a picture on my office wall at work, and I starting to think
    He's had this on an off and on basis for awhile, this is just the first time it has been inflamed to the point that I noticed.

He's 2 years old now, the pic is when he was less than 8 weeks.
    You know what ? I think I can see it even then, its in the exact same location and its a sharp angle on the outer profile of the thigh in the puppy pic.,
    Textbook definition of the growth, thankfully it is not a serious issue nor bothersome to Chooba

chooba puupy.png
    893 x 775 - 934K
  • Interesting. Did the vet tell you to just monitor it? It has gotten a little bigger since I posted that picture. I am torn between taking him to get it checked to make sure it is benign or wait it out to see if it goes away on its own. I read online that they can go away on their own after 3 months. It doesn't seem to be bothering him at all.
    Main thing is to monitor it's size... take a photo every second day... because it's hard to remember, better to measure... If it keeps growing then off to the vet bank.

• We took Zeus to get his yearly shots so the vet looked at it and took
    samples. It came back as a histiocytoma like you said! It got pretty big
    and bleeds randomly. I think he hits it on stuff by accident. They gave
    us some foot ointment and we wrap it loosely in a bandage if it starts
    bleeding. It is starting to shrink now.

Here is how big it got, taken on 04/13/16 and the second picture is from today:

imageimage
    20160413_125044.jpeg
    2560 x 1440 - 807K
    20160505_185656.jpeg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
    Yay!!! On the way out... Once they start to heal it's amazing how quickly it's gone!