Skip to content

Hello everyone!

Hi to all, 

I came here to talk about Bull Terriers and share my experience with this breed, i have had 2 Bull Terriers so far and for some reason i can't stop talking about them and dogs in general!! I will admit that i also like and own other breeds but not in the way i like ebt's. I grew up with a Dobberman female, a Ca de Bou (perro de presa Mallorquin) male, and a labrador female so i grew up amongst big dogs. The moment i left home i bought my first ebt, a male named Amon. He was a brindle, dalmatien type bull terrier male. The second dog isn't a purebreed ebt but for us she is, she comes from a shelter is called Kana and she is 75% ebt and 25% american bulldog but tbh she acts like one. My male died 3 years ago but i will post some pictures of him. The female is still very much alive and kicking, even after 11 years :).  We also have a Boerboel male but he is kept as a guard dog. Let me show you some pictures of my ebt's and thanks for reading. 

amon in vol ornaat.jpg
564 x 376 - 54K
kana happy in de zon.jpg
564 x 755 - 111K
kana breedsmoel.jpg
564 x 421 - 54K
amon 8 maanden.jpg
564 x 423 - 57K
DSC_0033.jpg
2560 x 1440 - 1M
kana in de zon.jpg
564 x 421 - 65K
amon en kana.JPG
4545 x 3029 - 2M

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Most welcome! Great photos, lovely dogs... Glad you are living the dream with great friends... Will ask more questions when I get off work.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Welcome!!!  Great photos of some very healthy Bully's!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks guys, do feel free to ask questions about the dogs or myself. I live in Belgium close to the city of Leuven with my girlfriend and the dogs and 1 cat called Jef. 

Maybe something more about the dogs: 
    My male was 23.5 inches tall and weighed 88 pounds at 3 years, on the picture of him taken from the side he is 7 months old, the rest is him fullgrown. Very sweet with people, not so much with other animals. He ignored other male dogs and even most females for example. He was a bit of a loner tbh. We called him 'grumpy' for a reason :). He died at an age of 5 from kidney failure. He was diabetic and his body didn't do well from the medication. Altough many found him a weird and scary dog (he didn't have a friendly face) to us he was precious and the best!

My female is 22.5 inches tall and weighes 75 pounds. She is pretty big and muscular but has a heart of gold. She loves other dogs if they don't try to push her around and tolerates most other animals as well. Ok she doesn't like cats, we have 1 cat and the poor thing doesn't exist for her. She just walks away if he comes close. With people she is perfect: calm, obedient and patient. 

My Boerboel who is called Beer - this means bear in dutch, not the drink - is 28 or 29 inches tall and weighed 185 pounds about 2 years ago when he was 2 years and 8 months old. He is mean, angry, extremely powerfull and does what he is bred to do! He is a South African import and a pure guardian dog. 

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited March 2016
    I always wanted to own a BoerBoel when I lived in RSA, but you need a lot of space. Amazing how popular they have become, especially on the farm. They have a bunch of professional Boerboel breders here in USA and they even are an AKC registered breed now.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Yeah they are cool dogs. But totally different from ebt's. We keep ebt's as family pets and 'friends' really, the Boerboel is here for protection and to keep people from stealing fruit from our trees :). Ok he is crazy about my girlfriend - she is the boss - but with me he doesn't really play or 'communicate', he comes every day for his food and to show me he is still around and maybe some hugs but that's it basically. He comes from Spitsvuur Boerboels ;)