Skip to content

Tea' got Spayed

My 6 mos. old baby Tea' got spayed on Wednesday.  All went well.  I tried a new vet who offers Laparoscopic Ovariectomy.  Wow.....what a difference having the surgery done this way rather than the conventional way of spaying.  I would highly recommend it.  Tea' has 2 small incisions (1/4") on her midline.  They go in with a camera and laser out the ovaries.  The uterus remains intact.  A few inside dissolvable sutures, none on the outside.  This type of surgery is 65% less painful than the old way.  And the best part........only 72 hours recovery time!!!  Which is awesome when you have 2 bullies!!!  Tea' is recovering great.  Nothing like the nightmare we had with Hannah.

At 6 mos Tea' is as tall as Hannah and weighs in at 42 lbs.  Hannah is 50 lbs at 17 mos.  I think Tea' will be lots bigger.....she hasn't even got her muscle mass yet!!  They are both doing wonderfully and we couldn't love them more.  Getting a second one was the best decision ever!!!  Tea' is my sweet cuddle bum, so calm and quiet and Hannah is full of life, energy and personality plus!!  They really compliment each other.  Can't imagine life without these two!!
DSCF4543.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 969K
DSCF4546.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 980K
DSCF4508.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 982K
DSCF4521.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 976K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited February 2016
    So glad she is doing great.... Wish I'd known about the laser surgery myself, sob, sob! So, so glad your happy Bullie family is doing so well... There's nothing on earth to beat the experience!!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Glad to hear they're both doing well, lovely pictures! I have been doing research on the laser spaying and have heard great results. We have put bianca's procedure aside for now until she's over a year so this is good to hear.
  • Beatifull babies!! We found a vet to do Laproscopic as well!!