Skip to content

Best In Show

philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
I don't know why they advertise it as the WKC Dog Show??  If you look at the fact that even a Fru-Fru dog won the TERRIER! division they should definitely call it the GLBT show considering the judges' apparent dispositions....I mean are they judging the dogs or hair stylists???.. some of the dogs you can't even SEE!   But I had to share the real winners of the competition! These two are great!  (I'll probably be sued by USA network and the GLBT community)! Whatever!
imageimage
IMG_2917.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 824K
IMG_2923.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 628K
In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Cute little Bullies. All powered up and strutting their stuff as they have done from state to state in every show that they could be entered in.

I don't wish for anyone to misunderstand me by any means because these two Bullies you posted are gorgeous but I can't help to say I have seen many other Bull Terriers that trump these two. They may not be spending their lives going from show to show in hopes of getting an invite to the westminster dog show but they certainly require no blue ribbon from a show to recognize their qualities in all spectrum of the breed standards.

Maybe I'm just thoroughly impressed with seeing so many Bull Terriers on and off the show ring. I love them all.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited February 2016
    That's exactly my point! These are great, I think my Marco is more "good looking", and I believe that there are dozens of Bullies much, MUCH more fabulous, but, what's the point...???. Unless you have tons of hair that can be coiffed and curled, shinyed up and then you have some "showee" to prance around the ball room floor, touching all the relevant judges (in) appropriately... You have no chance!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • The Colored Bull Terrier though - are those not considered saddleback markings? I thought that they weren't supposed to have marking that large on their backs.
  • No expert in this regard. But I think when a white EBT has markings in any other spots than the face/ ears - especially on the back ... that's considered saddleback. The colored EBTs are allowed to have white markings in different spots.
    But I am not sure, just a guess.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Colored Bull Terriers are allowed to have white markings on their back
    and it's not considered a fault. However, White Bull Terriers should not
    have any markings on their body at all except their face and ears.
    Oddly though, I have seen people showing white bull terriers with
    saddleback (splash) marks as though they are naive to the breed standard
    definition of "Any markings elsewhere than the head are to be severely
    faulted."

The confusion I think comes from AKC's definition of the breed standard.
    When they describe the breed standard they describe the standards for
    the "White" Bull Terrier and then go to "Colored" Bull Terriers which
    only has a few differences.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com