Skip to content

thinking about getting another dog with my male bull terrier

hello everyone , i have been thinking about getting a friend for my 7 year old male bull terrier, he has not really had much contact with other dogs only close at the vet, i was thinking about a female bull mastiff, i have been going back and forth with this , i would like to get her but my better thinking is don't do it, any thoughts on adding a friend for bullies?
Thanks Frank

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Bruno... Typically dogs love pals but it depends on the dog (Bullie or no)... Sounds like your 7 year old hasn't has much socialization, that doesn't do much for his candidacy... (Never seems to deter politicians though:-))
    Perhaps you can "borrow" a dog from a friend, for an hour, then half a day, then a day, see how he goes. All depends on the social skills of the loaner dog though.... but at least you'd become knowledgeable about his disposition.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • good idea i will look into that, just was thinking as my bully gets older the other dog gets more energy, just don't need any more trouble
    thank
    you