Skip to content

Weird sore ?

Well this is really my only problem. Guess I'm kinda lucky no skin nail or ear problems yet anyways. But this does concern me. I'm not really sure what is. Thought it might be some kinda ring worm. Bc one of our new outside cats had that when we got it. But we treated it and it went Away. I even got a bit on my arm from treating her. But I used cream and it went AwY too. But Rex got this at same
Time but bout two months went by and still kinda there. Vet said it was a kinda fungus. Used the cream swelling went Away hair started to grow back but now it's like coming back. Vet said keep using the antibiotic cream. But just wondering what anybody else thinks.
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• On upper jaw line between eye and jaw if that matters
  • Yes my wife has 3 lbs morkie. Rex other bff. But she is not affected by any means. Didn't even get any worms when I firsts brought Rex home. Very healthy dog.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited February 2016
    Did your Vet do a skin scraping? It appears to be some type of infection. Could be so many different things that no matter what photo you post the only way to be sure would be to have that area looked at under a microscope after a scraping. It doesn't look real bad though and I'm sure it will go away in due time on its own. It isn't rare to see imperfections like that on any dog which can be caused by a bug bite, infected cut, etc. I would put some bag balm on it and monitor it. If it doesn't go away after a week have it "properly" tested by your vet vice allow your Vet to take guesses and send you home with some lotion or special shampoo.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I'll keep using animax the anti fungal anti bacterial cream he gave me. No he didn't do a scrapping. Good friend of mine who runs a kennel suggested maybe a iodine shampoo. Said good at killing lots of things on the skin.
    Ya he got a deer tick on his face when I first got him when we went to the farm and he now has a little black spot where it was at.
  • @THansen001 : The reason I asked if you do have other dogs is because when we got Fluffy ( a lab mix ) we already had Cyrus and since Cyrus is such a friendly boy he just kept on licking Fluffy's face even when I told him to stop.  Fluffy had a sore on his face from the constant licking he was getting from Cyrus.  It looked very much the same. Could it be a possibility that the others are licking Rex?  Best is to have your Vet check it out
  • Puma is constantly licking Bell our lab and T times have caused raw spots if I dont catch her. She has a little hair missing around her eye from Puma licking
  • Well it's seems to be getting better. Puss inside musta went away. Swelling is down and hair is growing back slowly. Gunna keep putting the animax on for a week or so.