Skip to content

Long overdue Frankie update ...,

It's been five months since we brought 40lb Frankie home, she's now a very happy 50lb of nosey. She came to us with a scar on her head and we now know why, that head head gets into everything ! If I remember correctly our last Bully didn't stop filling out till she approached 3 yrs and stopped at 55lb. Since Frankie won't be 2yrs old till May I suspect she may hit 60lb+, oh my poor back.

She's been on Nuvet and Grizzly Salmon Oil for 3 months, we tried switching her to Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken (grain free) with bad results, very soft stool and horrible gasses. She's back on Hills D/D, potato and duck (our last Bullys diet of choice) with good results, no gas and very firm stool. For now I've decided to leave well enough alone.

We've bonded a lot since the last time I posted and she's revealing more of her fantastic personality on a weekly basis. Training has progressed and my kids who visit every couple of weeks have promoted her to grade 3. Frankie's still a wild hucklebutter and I love every one of them ! She likes to sleep in the most awkward positions and has earned the nick name "Floppy". 

In the mean time I've been logging in daily reading new posts as well as the old gold (posts) as I like to think of them.
SDC12482.JPG
1024 x 768 - 491K
SDC12483.JPG
1024 x 768 - 501K
SDC12479.JPG
1024 x 768 - 449K
SDC12477.JPG
1024 x 768 - 503K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited February 2016
    Okay, firstly, time out in the corner for not giving us an update for 5 months!!! Second, she's so beautiful you can come out of the corner immediately. Some Bullies and chicken don't mix well.... Also if you find her still a little "yeasty" try something without potato. I( her nails are pretty red but her paws nice and white) Did you tell her she was posing for a centerfold, or is she just naturally a Diva?, please post more often!!!! :-bd :-bd
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Frankie looks fantastic and is progressing in size and weight very well. She looks well loved and very spoiled ~ just the way a Bullie should. :)

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited February 2016
    Phil thank for letting me out of the corner, 5 months just flew by as we where getting to know each other. Frankie's first home had her on Fromms Gold Chicken with no problems. You have a good eye, her nails are pretty red but paws are super white. 
    I'm currently researching my next non potato grain free food for Frankie, unfortunately here in Canada we lack the option you lucky people have south of the border. Orijen is available locally but I'm concerned about the high protein, decisions decisions. 
    Frankie goes into her diva pose every morning for mommy !

Hi Steve, and thanks, reassuring  to hear you think she's progressing well in size and weight. At times I don't know whether I'm spoiling her more or she's spoiling me more, lol.