Skip to content

Good soft toys

I was hoping y'all could give me some suggestions on good soft toys that can stand up to a bit of teeth. I got him the "rough" soft toys that are made of canvas and double stitched and all that but he isn't a big fan. I got him this $2 stuffed lion a few weeks ago, and one of those big flat soft toys that don't have stuffing. He will always pick those over the canvas ones. He is actually not too bad in the chewing department, he has had the lion for three weeks and just today he put a hole in the face and I am pretty sure it wasn't him trying to destroy it. He doesn't try and rip them apart, it's usually sucking on them and having them in his mouth and gnawing on them, it's just the gnawing kills most fabric. Basically are there any floppy, fuzzy (I think this is really why  he likes them) toys that are a bit tougher than the standard stuff at Petsmart?

And since I know pictures are required for advice to be given, here is one of the monster this morning ;)

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    aaawwww! That is such a magnificent photo,... I think we'll give you credit for.... I don't know... 500 more posts just from that photo! He looks terrific, definitely a mustard dog! I'm amazed he allows soft toys to last that long, mine rip them to pieces in 15 minutes ( in truth that's why we only buy them when they're cheap on clearance ). I know of NO lasting soft toys... But you might be changing all that.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited February 2016
    We have the sheep, the pig and the tug toy

I have published an article about Tuffie's in my blog
    • HuggleHounds (website seems temporarily unavailable, but they are also on Amazon)
    We have the humongous bone
    • Kong Ballistic Toys (website seems temporarily unavailable - what the ... is going on today???, but they are also on Amazon)
    The Kong toys remind a lot of the Tuffie's, but I find the materials a little less resistant.

I am sure I have not tested everything, but those are the brands I find the toughest in soft toys of the products I have tested so far.

With ALL toys I still advise supervision. I have also spent some time on using the toys together with my dog Djamila and showing her HOW I want her to play and what I don't like her to do with the toys. It's laborious at first, but really pays off in the long run.
    I also repair the toys, which adds to their life span. Probably not everyone is willing & able to do that.

All of the soft toys we own from the brands mentioned above are in periodical use, some daily, and have lasted at least a year, most of them are still in our household, the oldest one being about two years old as I recall.
    None of the typical Petsmart products was able to beat that so far!
  • choobachooba Michigan / Missouri
    I second the tuffy barnyard toys. In fact, Cow here is one of Chooba's favorites.

tmp_27503-KIMG04821115109697.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M