Skip to content

Violet Bliss

Hello, does anyone have any advice for getting our 14 week old mbt to sleep longer at night? She's up to potty at least 3x a night.
Signed,
Sleep Deprived

Comments

• sleep deprived,
         im sorry your pup is keeping you up at night its just like having a baby! lol i find that with my pup who is about the same age, Exercise helps ALOT and dinner time matters to i think. A schedule helps. if you are giving her water at 7 and putting her to bed at 8 and shes getting up at 9 or 10 i would think maybe you should try moving up her feeding time. I read on here that they dont get the control of there functions and how to hold them untill around 6 months. But not sure thats the case because as i said my EBT is about as old as yours and she sleeps from 8:30pm-4:30am before barking for me to take her out for the potty. I slept near her crate for the first two weeks of having her so i could hear every bark for when she had to go potty, and then moved back into my bed room with the door open so i could hear her.  just like that i was getting 8 hours of sleep . Letting her have play time before putting her to bed helped also as it let her burn off her energy she had before bed. maybe try walking her, running with her or even fetch in the yard. If you are not home alot of the day and shes in a crate maybe she is just reverse cycling so to speak.... idk if that is possible for a pup just throwing it out there. hope this helps. @VioletBliss liss 
    IG SN: ashleykne2
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited January 2016
    If by "up to Potty" you mean to Pee... Then I can only think he has a urinary tract infection.... If Poop then you have a bigger problem, both would need vet attention. At 14 weeks you are lucky he notifies you in advance of anything at all.... But he should be able to sleep through the night, as long as you let him have a good "go" at around 9:30/10:00, before he goes down. Bullies have totally amazing bladder control... when it's cold, ours prefer to cuddle for a half hour or so before going out in the cold to pee, after having slept 8 hours... (and I am just talking Florida cold here, pretty mild).

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited January 2016
    When Djamila was a baby she used to wake me at around 4 or 5 am. From 10 pm the night before to 4-5 am was the most she could do before she had to go again.
    I considered that normal. I guess every pup is different.
    But if it had happened so many times each night I would probably have had that checked out by a vet. Just to be sure.
    It will probably be hard to get any advice on sleep aids here, just because usually such measures are not necessary. Because as Phil already said: Bull Terriers usually have an amazing bladder control. Also an amazing ability to sleep. Today sometimes Djamila gets up even AFTER us and just likes to snuggle and doze a few more minutes in her covers.

• I thank you all for the suggestions. I'm going to bump up her last feeding and see if that helps. Just had her at the vet and she checked out fine, but if she continues, I'll have her urine checked. She gets lots and lots of exercise with our Westie, and we're home with her all day, so she isn't crated very often. Wish me luck! Thanks!
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Remember, only anti-biotics when totally necessary.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Good luck!!! keep us posted! @VioletBliss
    IG SN: ashleykne2