Skip to content

help finding a reaponsible breeder in the U.K ?

Hey im new here , my dog passed away last year at the grand old age of 17 and i'm finally ready to own a dog again. Since a child i have always wanted a bull terrier and i've really given it some thought! my previous dogs mother was half bull terrier half jack russel and her father a lakeland terrier so you can only imagine how stubborn and crazy she was ( wouldnt have it any other way ) anyway i'll cut to the chase!
There isn't as much research as i would like online about good bloodlines and responsible breeders ( unless im looking and searching the wrong places )
I am quite interested in bullyon and bullyview bloodlines , how are they for temprament etc ?
Im sorry im rambling im new to pedigrees as myself and family members have always had cross breed terrier types although i grew up with staffordshire bull terriers and a pitbull cross staff/boxer mix called gizmo who i can thank for my obsession with staffordshires ( british ) and bull terriers
Thanks in advance any advice , suggestions etc more than welcome
Again sorry for rambling ha 

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited January 2016
    @Harriet Welcome here/... Don't worry, this is where you are meant to ramble. I will do a search in the morning as to which of our members are in the UK and see if any of them can recommend a breeder. Hopefully others will see your post and pass on any details they know of.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • @philsargeant thank you ever so much that sould be a great help I really appreciate it :)
  • @Harriet_R im in the UK and I just got my pup from Chris and Carole Kilpatrick (kilacabar bull terriers) in blackburn. They are extremely well known breeders who have bred many champions.  Also i would recommend dazlin in manchester, Bobuddy in london, Ragnarok and bullyview in essex.
  • edited March 2016
    Sorry that I don't have helpful advice. Just thrilled to hear that EBT's are not a banned breed in the UK. Somehow I believed differently due to reports I had read.

Good luck with finding a new family member! With your history of dogs you will probably love and cherish the personality of an EBT.
  • Bit of an old thread but loads of good bully breeders in UK you got ukusa bullyview blazinbullys topfuel ragnarok this is only a quick few of the top of my head I'm sure I've missed loads of others. The best is probably ukusa they seem to be wining everything in the shows lately. I didn't think kilacabar was still active??? I might be wrong but I haven't heard or seen any of there dogs in a while
  • Ha, I did not even notice that this was an older discussion. Wondering what happened in the meantime and if she found the desired addition to the family in the UK ...
  • @lisa1984bullterror yes kilacabar are active again.  Look up bradaks al capone at kilacabar. Thats their most recent show dog.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    It shocks me they haven't updated their website in nearly 10 years.

http://www.angelfire.com/fang/kilacabar/

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Old age... kinda drains ya!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I think we can all agree with that. However, I think updated a website may prove to be easier and less demanding than raising and breeding Bull Terriers.  ;)

Maybe they lost the desire to maintain a website and show off their Bull Terriers like they used to. :-??

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Oh wow thank-you for all the responses I had given up hope on a reply . For those that wanted to know I actually found a lovely breeder and I was waiting on the litter but she said she would text me when she knew if her girl she mated was pregnant but no response as of yet . She did well in the junior dog class at crufts she came 3rd and she seems to really care and love the breed so I was very hopeful but I am resuming the hunt just in case molly isn't pregnant . Again thank you for all the replies everyone and I'll keep you updated :)