Skip to content

Scratching be gone!!

Since my last post about Cyrus scratching like a mad thing and even getting bald spots on his tummy, a lot has changed!
I have found him a good GF Kibble, its Eukanuba Dermatosis FP, and it works wonders!  No more scratching and no more bald spots.  His fart issues has also improved but I've realized that a good ol stinky poof is what EBT's do best!  ;)

I also came across a chew-able tablet called Bravecto.  Its a tick and flea deterrent that holds for up to 3 months.  At first i thought Cyrus was having an  "allergic" reaction to it because of the dandruff like flakes on his skin.  Since I have been giving him the Eukanuba the dandruff has also disappearedand not a flea in sight! 

Cyrus is turning 1 in February and I cant believe how fast time has flown by!!  He is a real snuggle buddy and waking up every morning to see a pink muzzle up close just makes my day before it has started!  

We go on regular fishing trips and of course he goes along!  Sometimes I think the fish that are caught are the higlight of the day, nevermind the swimming 
:)
20151231_115432.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 365K
20151227_081736.jpg
5312 x 2988 - 4M
PicsArt_01-02-09.33.10.jpg
1717 x 3052 - 2M
William 20151230_084654.jpg
640 x 640 - 45K

Comments

• Nice job! A lot of people do not relate their dog's diet with skin problems. Great to see your Bullie is seeing results from GF.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I tried looking up Eukanuba Dermatosis FP on www.dogfoodadvisor.com and couldn't find any information on it. I guess it has not been reviewed yet. Eukanuba has always been raging as a 3 star food so I hope this particular formula is an improvement within their overall nutritional value compared to their other lines of foods. Regardless I think it's awesome that you have found a food that your Bullie is doing good on. You'll notice with the change in weather during the winter months there are far less chances of fleas, ticks, etc and with colder weather dogs tend to produce a thicker coat some refer to as their "winter coat." In my opinion this is when any dogs coat appears at it's finest conditions especially on short haired dogs. The simple accomplishment of fending off all fleas can make a world of a difference too. Hopefully the food and meds you've provided are the true result of the improvement within his skin and coat. Spring and Summer will be test of how affective and productive both the food and meds are when it comes to flea prevention and healthy coat with no scratching. Please keep us informed during that time because I would really like to know who well both products you are using work during the peak time frames of skin issues. Thanks for sharing this information. It's always good to hear about a food, treatment, or product that has provided success for a BT.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • @Stoeger - Cyrus is supposed to only have his Eukanuba and nothing else otherwise he turns into a stink bug but as you know it is hard not to spoil them!  He gets a treat every now and again but I try to keep it to a minimum as I don't want his skin condition to flare up again.  He has gained weight since having him on the Eukanuba and its good for his tummy..

@BulliesofNC - Here's a link to what i have found on the Eukanuba,http://www.eukanuba.co.za/EukDogDERMATOSIS.html .  Unfortunately i have not found a rating on it yet.  
    Were in the middle of summer now and we've had 4 heat waves in the past 2 months.  I have yet to find a flea on Cyrus, so far none has been found  :D . He gets a bath every 3 weeks and he sleeps inside the house. He scratches in the morning when he wakes up ( Cyrus has got a funny routine - big loud yawns followed by stretching and leopard crawling over his bed, scratching both ears and after a good shake he jumps up on my bed giving a wet bullie kiss ) and that's about it.  I want to add Coconut Oil to his food as I have read on the net about various positive effects it has for a dogs skin and coat.
  • We currently have our boy on  Taste Of The Wild Wetlands Canine, Coconut Oil, Grizzly Salmon Oil, Nu-Vet Plus, K9 Advantix II, Heartgard Plus, Bananas & Carrots.

We bath him in Dawn dish soap.

Zero skin & coat issues. No fleas.

Gotta give props to this forum for leading us to a lot of those great products.

We've got a Bullie who is the healthiest our vet has ever seen. We try hard to keep it that way.

• P.S. Aren't those morning Bullie routines the funniest!
  • I'm very happy that I found this forum!  It has helped me so much with Cyrus.

Its the highlight of my day!! 
    :)