Skip to content

Big patchs of hair missing

So today i drove 14 hour to pretty much rescue this 10 month old bull terrier it is missing big patchs of fur i asked her what she is feeding him she said that she was just giving him outlaw which is $8 for a 50 lb bag and he seems like he hasnt had a bath in months he is really skinny just wanting some opinions on what to do for hom
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 822K
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 1M

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Tips on how to initially feed and nurse her back to a normal weight will probably come from the people in this forum who are more experienced with this special problem.

But in general, I can recommend to put her on the entire program: Either grain free, good quality kibble or raw diet OR a mix of both. Also supplements, such as NuVet - I think in her situation she can really benefit from it! A squirt of Salmon oil a day. Other things, such as Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother), Virgin Coconut oil etc. Just throw the keywords into the search here and be amazed by the number of helpful discussions popping up. :)

Just in case you also need that, here's a recommendation for a great shampoo and conditioner for her neglected fur.
    This manufacturer offers products that are based on natural ingredients, last very long, smell very good, not overly scented and they are “cruelty free”.

http://www.naturesspecialtiesmfg.com/

There are special products for different circumstances and problems. I’ve been using this product line for two years now and I am really satisfied.

You can find them also on Amazon and other sources.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Firstly, most welcome to the site. Secondly, and most importantly, congratulations and well done on the rescue... I am certain your new Bullie will do you proud when you have gotten him back on track.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.