Skip to content

Bump above the eye

Bianca has a bump above her eye. She's had it about a week now. It seems to open up when she's playing with our other pup Sammy and bleed a little bit. Was wondering if anybody recommends anything for it or if we should take her to the vet? Doesn't seem to bother her at all and doesnt seem to be growing. I've attached a pic but it's kinda hard to see, best i could do! Had anyone else seen this near the eye?
20151103_081140.jpg
1280 x 720 - 313K

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    It doesn't look too bad. You could wipe it with a warm compress and swipe it with a thin coat of bag balm. It looks like whatever it was is healing just fine.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I was thinking bag balm as well, just wasn't sure if it was ok to use that close to her eye? It's not bad was just concerned with it so close to her eye. She had some similar little bumps on her belly and back legs when we first got her. We asked the vet about them when we got her vaccinations and he said they are bumps from staph and would go away, that they are fairly common with puppies. This one just seemed a bit more raised and sometimes bleeds a little bit. Thank you for your advice will get some bag balm today.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Instinctively dogs will bite at another's eyes in order to "disable" a foe. (That's why Bullies were bred with such small eyes by the idiot that decided to breed them for fighting... and thankfully fell on his arse and ended up breeding the most loving dog on earth [poetic justice]) Our dogs occasionally get knocks around the eyes and it is worrying.  But that one looks like it will go away soon.  (nothing a beautiful as a Bullie's eye)
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Yeah, they're rough players. That does not only count for other humans or dogs, but also for themselves. It's not unusual that they run around with small bruises, cuts and even small lesions around the eyes they have induced themselves by relentlessly chasing through brushwood or so.
    Djamila frequently scares me with such bruises.

If you find it needs disinfection, the suggested bag balm is a great idea.
  • Yes they are rough players! Bianca actually just hurt her leg last week doing her crazy 110mph bully run thru the house! I think I was just being overly mommy about her eye, mainly because I don't want anything in the way of their gorgeousness :x thank you again for your input, this forum is a blessing