Skip to content

Hannah is Obsessed!!

I need some input from all those with 2 or more bull terriers.  Hannah is obsessed with Tea'!  They get along great and Hannah just loves her to death....too much actually.  I can't stop her from constantly playing with her.  She doesn't leave her alone.  Shes Very gentle and has never hurt Tea' at all, in fact the opposite is happening where Tea' is chewing on Hannah's face (and she lets her) and its all marked up now.  Silly Hannah won't go after the puppy at all to let her know this hurts.  I let them play together for short periods of time, then separate them.  Once I separate them, Hannah lays at the gate or exercise pen whining for her.  Tea' happily goes off playing with her toys alone.  Hannah is always trying to wake Tea' from her nap by barking at her.  (When was I counting down those sleeps???!!! @-)

So my question is what else should I be doing?  Is it too soon and am I expecting to much from Hannah?  Should I have Hannah on a leash around Tea'?  I don't want Hannah to resent Tea' cause I'm not letting her be with her and play.    But she won't even lay nicely with Tea', she'll  just keep pestering her.  Other than that, every thing else is great!!!!
Advice please!!!
:-S
DSCF3979.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 967K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited October 2015
    If the only issue is the marking up of Hannah's face with Tea's little
    razors, I'd get a small soft, loose muzzle and put it on Tea while they
    play unsupervised.... You probably won't be able to avoid all contact,
    and when you are with them both; leave the muzzle off and every time she
    bites at the face..." NO!!." She'll learn quicker than waiting until
    Hannah's gets really pissed and puts her in her place, which she will
    eventually... Like you, at the moment, she's enjoying the novelty of Tea and that will pass soon enough. Meanwhile the whining and barking also need loud "NO"'s

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks for the input.  Its amazing what a difference a day makes.  Hannah has already settled down considerably and listening to me when I tell her "enough"!  Shes even taking the time to sleep when Tea' is instead of staring at her constantly.  LOL  

And I am home with them all the time, so no unsupervised play!  It sure is more fun having 2!!!  They are so funny together and Hannah hasn't shown any jealousy either, which I was afraid of.  Hannah sure seems much happier.  And so far, they both fit in my chair.........hahaha
    :))
    DSCF4024.JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 972K
    Yeah! Bullies and group hugs!  What more can you ask for in life?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Those two look like they are best friends already!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • So good to hear they're getting on! we cant wait to get another one but got to wait until we move back to Florida dangit!
    edited October 2015
    Hey, There's plenty of swamp land to live on,  here in FL... come on down..!!!.. plenty of mosquitoes to go around!!!