Skip to content

Hi everyone! Introducing Yurtrus

First I'd like to say that i've learning a lot from you guys. There is a lot of useful information in this forum.
And a lot of beautiful bulls.
I'm from Brazil, so excuse my poor english :)

So now i'd like to introduce Yurtrus, my 8 months bull terrier. He has lots of energy and is very affecionate. 
Gonna post a pic or two at each month of his age if you dont mind.
Here he is at 2 months old 
imageimage

In this one he was 16 weeks old:

4 months 

5 months:

guardiao_x_crystal_m3a.jpg
800 x 668 - 92K
guardiao_x_crystal_m3.jpg
800 x 923 - 125K
IMG_20150429_122911.jpg
640 x 640 - 101K
IMG_20150504_084016.jpg
640 x 640 - 83K
DSC00990m.jpg
1175 x 1175 - 556K
IMG_20150430_140805.jpg
640 x 640 - 137K
IMG_20150623_193752.jpg
1463 x 2635 - 720K

Comments

• 6 months:

7 months:

8 months:

IMG_20150921_214502.jpg
    828 x 1384 - 244K
    yur7.jpg
    615 x 615 - 88K
    IMG_20150921_174947.jpg
    615 x 615 - 95K
  • edited September 2015
    Welcome!  Yurtrus is adorable and such a cute puppy!  He's a handsome bull terrier! Also, your English is good.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited September 2015
    Your English is nearly a great as Yurtrus is great looking.... Thanks for the photos! That must be the most carefully executed ear taping job I have ever seen... and his ears ended up great! I love his white socks, (well, sometimes they are white).... Do you have a side shot of him at this age?  How much does he weigh?
    He looks like he has been working out, lifting weights! And Welcome to the forum ! Please post more photos and stories ... in English though, by Portuguese Sucks! My son speaks fluent Portuguese though, because he had a Brazilian girlfriend for a couple of years.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • What a gorgeous fella you've got there! He's definitely been on the weights! How old is he now? Welcome to the forum is been a blessing for me >:)
  • Thanks for the compliments philsergeant and erikashea!
    He's not working out with weights yet, I'm gonna wait until he'll one year old. Right now he just runs at the park.
    I don't know how much he weighs. I'm curious as well, everybody is saying he's becoming bigger and thicker. Gonna try weigh him today.
    The side shots I have of him are two at 5 months old and one at 7. I'm going to the park with him and will try to take a side shot.
    He's 8 months old erikashea.

He's 5 months in these two

imageimage
    And 7:

He's from a well known Kennel from here called Setima Dinastia. His mother was a champion in several categories and his grandpa is one of the most known sire bull terrier of Brazil and a great champion of his time.

IMG_20150615_120832.jpg
    640 x 640 - 230K
    IMG_20150615_121715.jpg
    513 x 513 - 133K
    IMG_20150829_172006.jpg
    585 x 585 - 187K
    He is great looking, and in good condition, what do you feed him?
    That lead looks pretty cool too... what does the Zig-Zag do?

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Welcome to the Forum! Those are some fabulous photos of your Bullie!

I love the concept of the shock absorber on your Bullies leash. I have yet to see one of those here in America.

I love that Brindle coat on Yurtrus!!!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Yes Raphael, where is that lead made?
  • Thanks for the compliement, Steve. 
    The spring of the lead is made of polyurethane. I do think they operate in America. I can post the link of their website if it's not against any rule. The brand is Zee-Dog.
    I feed him with super premium dog food kibble. It's not grain free, we don't have it here in Brazil. I learn here that the grain free are more health for them but unfortunately there is none here..
    Here are some new pics i just took at the park. 
    The chicken legs guy behind him it's me haha. I'm 6'1" but i think you can notice Yurtrus is not a tall bull. He's more the compact type (is it right?)

imageimage
    IMG_20150927_112950.jpg
    701 x 929 - 385K
    IMG_20150927_113045.jpg
    584 x 757 - 228K
  • Thank you for the kind words exiled. 
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    @Raphael - I just thought I'd let you know that there is a 5 star Grain Free food available to you in Brazil called "Farmina N&D Grain Free." 
    http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/farmina-nd-grain-free-dog-food/

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Good find Steve... Raphael you will be the hero to all Bullie owners in Brazil if you turn them on to that source.
  • Yurtrus is a handsome guy!! Does his name have a meaning? Very unique.

I have seen shock absorbing leads in my state, though they don't look like this one. They are shorter leads, usually 3 or 4 footers, and are tubular and the entire length of them with exception of the handle is stretchy. Not sure of the brand.
  • I had to keep looking out my front door to make sure you hadn't stolen my pup for pictures! He's like a twin. He's one handsome fella. Can't wait to see more from him.
  • @Quinnofhearts  Thank you for the compliment. About his name I used to play a MMORPG game and the nickname of my character, an orc mage, was Yurtrus. 

@Wrightkylej hahaha :) Thanks. Gonna post some more pics of him soon.

@BulliesofNC thank you for the info, I checked their website. Unfortunately the biggest bag they have for selling at petshops are of 2.5kg/5.5lbs. They also sell a 25kg/55lbs for kennels that I can try to buy through my friend tha owns one. I don't know the price ratio in America, but here in Brazil this one costs the triple of a super premium, really pricey for brazilian standards. 

I'd like to know your opinion guys about going to a raw diet at his age, 8 months. A zootechnist specialized in raw grain free natural canine nutrition  came at me when I was at the park with him and we have a little talk about it and she told me that I wouldn't have any problem, only benefits, changing his diet to a raw diet.

What do you guys think is the best for Yurtrus right now, the grain free ND kibble or the natural diet?

Switch him slowly to new GF kibble and when his stomach is stable on that begin to add raw at 10%, slowly up to 50%... I know some people have 100% raw diet but that can also be expensive and unbalanced.  Always watch yeast level and adjust accordingly.
  • He's really liking his new grain free kibble. 

BTW he weighed 25kg / 55lbs, like I said he's a short guy