Skip to content

Rodney has a new baby brother

edited September 2015 in Forum Member Photos
Rodney is the proud big brother of Stax.  He is one of Bullies of NC's BTs.  The orange on his nose is pumpkin.  He had just finished eating and was enjoying some outside time.
stax 9.jpg
343 x 449 - 33K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Well congratulations!  One thing for absolute sure is that you are going to have Stax of fun with him!!!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Cuuuute!!! He's obviously gotten into the pumpkin spice latte craze... Who are Stax's parents?
  • edited September 2015
    Hahaha!  I'm cracking up at the pumpkin spice latte!  :)  His dad is Rocky and mom is Makoa.  He's a sweetie! 
    stax and jeff 3.jpg
    2017 x 2057 - 295K

• stax and jeff 1.jpg
    2026 x 1973 - 308K
  • I'll be taping ears this week.  :)

• Ooo he's gonna be a big boy! Those eyes look like trouble...both looking for trouble and convincing you how innocent he is!!
  • I've been late in updating pictures here.  Stax is doing very well.  He has such a fantastic temperament, as one would expect with Rocky and Makoa as his parents.  He is getting along with Rodney, like BFFs, just as I had hoped.  We feel happy and blessed to have Stax as a new family member.

The weather was pretty nice here today, so we took advantage of it.  He got a lot of exercise and was winding down from trying to find and destroy every stick.  I laugh when I look at the second picture because you can see the look in his eyes that he's spotted me bending down to take a picture with my phone and he immediately jumped up and ran towards me. 
    stax sept 28 a.jpg
    750 x 546 - 166K
    stax sept 28 b.jpg
    750 x 737 - 221K
  • Awwwww.........what a cutie!!  Aren't you so lucky to get a BT from Steve!  Love his name too.  How old is he in that picture?  And how old is Rodney?  We get our new BT puppy next week and Hannah is 1 year old, so just interested in knowing the age difference between your two.  We are hoping Hannah and Tea' will also be BFFs.
  • Thank you!  Rodney turns three in November, and Stax just made 12 weeks yesterday.  Rodney is very active and on the move, still like a puppy, so he doesn't get annoyed by puppy antics.  Stax is calm at moments (moments, lol) enough that they can be bonding. When we taped Stax's ears since they were a little slow coming up on their own, Rodney could not help himself from wanting to get those off of Stax. I don't know if that started him treating Stax like his little brother or baby, but it did kind of make a difference in how close they seemed.  I think you'll be fine if the new pup if our experience is anything to judge by.  It has to help that they are both bull terriers that understand each other's crazy and eratic hucklebutting for absolutely no reason and with no warning.  Beware, though, they are like cannon balls being shot when you have two in a house.  We give them time alone in their own crates and they really like their space.  That could help, too, but I think as the puppy gets older, I think they will probably want to sleep together all of the time.  Rodney is one of Craig's dogs, so he also came from Bullies of NC.  If I recall correctly, I remember that you met the parents of Tea', so that's really cool to get that opportunity and see your puppy's parents.  You also get a sense of how they are being treated, which I must say, our two BTs have some amazing personalities and confidence that never quits.  I credit their breeder for socializing them before they came into our home and bonded with us instantly, love at first sight for them and us.
  • Great tips.........thanks!  Do you keep them separate for feeding as well?  How is Rodney for sharing toys, bones etc.?  Love to see a pic of the 2 of them together!!!