Skip to content

Introducing Freyja

Hello All,

I joined the forum a few weeks ago and couldn't change my profile pic...turns out, I was trying to upload a huge picture of my great puppy and assumed I just needed to be approved for the forum. Boneheaded move. Now that I've got that straightened out....Introducing Freyja! The discussions on this site have given me some great insight on the breed and some great laughs looking at the personality of all of your pets. This poor girl's mom got super sick when she was a week old and had some feeding issues. Then got a nasty case of parasites at 8 weeks. Poor pup. But she's all healthy now and maturing like a champ! I look forward to having her "grow up" along side the bullies on this site!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
IMG_20150708_190438.jpg
786 x 717 - 151K
IMG_9935.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 401K
IMG959992.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 339K
IMG_20150721_152029.jpg
2432 x 4320 - 3M
IMG_20150814_121802542.jpg
4320 x 2432 - 4M
_20150901_121112.JPG
643 x 859 - 125K
IMG_20150724_090426047_HDR.jpg
4320 x 2432 - 4M

Comments

• Oh wow............what a cutie pitutie she is!!!!!  Love her markings.  How old is she?  This forum is great for helping to raise a bullie.  You got a question or issue and it will be answered!

Have fun with your new puppy and welcome to the forum.
    ;)
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Oh wow!  And we are looking forward to the privilege of having that little beauty grow up alongside our Bullies... That's for sure!  Welcome, what a cutey she is, she looks so tiny and then looks so big in other photos.  I love the one with her reclining on the purple throw...The one with the Giant Rotweiller is cool too/  If you keep feeding her those pheasants she will grow really quick... that was her breakfast wasn't it??
    Please keep uploading... I'd love to see her catching up to the Rottie's size!

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    She is as cute as can be!!!  Great photos!

:-bd
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Hi All! Sorry about the picture deception, the pictures got a little out of order when I uploaded them. They were taken over the past 6 weeks. She just turned 3 months last week. She's already catching up to the rottie and they can actually play together instead of him spinning circles and trying to find her between his legs.
  • She's so cute and little!! Won't be that way for long! Love the picture of her in the sand! My bullie likes sand too (well, when we make it to a beach) and it makes her go a little crazy. Looking forward to more pics!
  • Here's a little update from the girl. Growing slow and staying a little smaller than her brothers and sisters from the complications in the "puppy decided not to eat" thread. But she's a happy girl and I'm proud to call her mine. Another old one to start off, just too cute to not put up

She's started a little trancing and stood in the doorway for 10 straight minutes staring off in the distance with her "blankey" in her mouth. She finally made a hilarious growling noise when she snapped out of it and came running to me to pet her

Sitting like a proper lady

Here she is with one of her best friends, I need to get a size comparison progress next to the rottie

My girlfriend does pet portraits and canvas art on the side, if anyone wants to immortalize their bully in paint. She'd kill me if she knew that I put up a work in progress painting of hers, but I'm too proud not to.

IMG_20150815_130048208_HDR.jpg
    2432 x 4320 - 3M
    IMG_20150905_151945006_HDR.jpg
    2432 x 4320 - 3M
    IMG_20150913_101145528.jpg
    2432 x 4320 - 2M
    IMG_20150915_121654421.jpg
    4320 x 2432 - 4M
    IMG_20150830_163607713.jpg
    2432 x 4320 - 3M
    She is just too gorgeous!  And she doesn't look under-nourished at all .... She even has a little girl belly... check her weight accurately and regularly...... The trancing is nothing... sometimes they see dimensions that we can't and love to stare, especially into the wind.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Awwwww, she is so cute, especially in the picture where she is resting her head and looking at the camera.  She's a natural model!  Your friend's portrait is cool.  I'm assuming it's acrylic from a picture?  Very nice.  I might have to try to hint about that for Christmas.  :)

Your puppy really is as cute as can be!
  • She is darling and I think she looks very healthy. And I absolutely love love that portrait .
    I just noticed she still has her dewclaws, careful, those things can rip!!!
  • boy does she ever have some dewclaws. I keep them clipped, but I have my far share of cuts from those things!
    90% of all Bull Terriers have their dewclaws because they are a breed that is not known to have problems with them. Some breeds have the loose, floppy dewclaws and Vets recommend removal because they can become problematic. Personally I have never owned a Bull Terrier with the dewclaws removed and I have never experienced any problems because of it.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I couldn't imagine having them removed permanently. As long as I keep them clipped, I fell there isn't really any way that they could do anything to justify me getting rid of them!
  • She is such a stunner!! She really knows how to look deep into the camera...you're in trouble! If you're not already under her spell, you will be!

Quinn has ripped off her dewclaw nails at least twice...painful, yes, but grew back without  incident. Honestly those rips aren't as bad as rips on her main toes because she doesn't have to walk on her dewclaws. Wouldn't be a bullie without a few broken things though, right?
    Our Bullies have split and lost nails as well. Maybe not a dewclaw but I've witnessed many snapped off nails over the years. Not many things bother a Bull Terrier but a broken nail at the root will surely cause a limp for a day or two and there's not too much that can be done to help speed the recovery.

Here's Nitro's rear toe nail right after running around the edge of our pond trying to swim and run after some ducks (his daily routine). I didn't realize he was injured until I seen blood on the ground and a slight limp. #-o

Broken Nail.jpg
    980 x 551 - 293K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Ouch ouch ouch! He ripped that thing clean off. I think we've only had one where nearly the whole nail was gone. It's usually half the nail or a nasty hang-nail-like pull. Can't imagine how bad it hurts for them!
    Yes he did. However, it's all grown back now and you'd never know it happened in the past. Bullies are a glutton for punishment.  b-(

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • After losing the her baby teeth, she's rekindled her love for pulling. With tile floors, poor girl has to find anywhere she can for a little footing.

Finally got an update with the Rottie. If she looks a little nervous,
    its because she seems to think its funny to aggravate him until he
    chases her. I'm not so sure he thinks its fun.

Her favorite place: The tall, dry, grasses near the house. Nothing but sneezing and scratching, but she just keeps going in there.

IMG_20151027_122423862.jpg
    2432 x 4320 - 5M
    IMG_20151022_083912906.jpg
    2432 x 4320 - 2M
    IMG_20151009_124946341.jpg
    2432 x 4320 - 3M
  • This one was from about a month ago. She has been riding with me in the car to work most days since she was a tiny pup. She is struggling to grasp that she doesn't quite fit like she used to.

She's got a new comfy sitting position. I had a dog growing up that would cross his front paws when lying down...but Freyja thinks its more comfortable to cross her back legs

This one was just too photogenic and I had to show her off

And here she is fresh off of being found chewing an ink pen in half. She's even adorable when she's in fear of being scolded

IMG_20151029_121326645_HDR.jpg
    2432 x 4320 - 3M
    IMG_20151109_192608758.jpg
    2432 x 4320 - 2M
    IMG_20151111_153306298.jpg
    4320 x 2432 - 3M
    IMG_20151110_135134416.jpg
    2432 x 4320 - 1M