Skip to content

Dog run smell.

Does anybody have any suggestions to keep the smell down in a dog run?  Our yard is fenced in with a dog run inside for the dogs to do their business.  Which, surprisingly, they go into on their own and use it.  We use sand in it.  I clean it daily and sprinkle Stall Dry (that I use in my horses stalls) but its still pretty stinky!  We move the run closer to the back door during the winter months cause of all the snow, so we can't concrete it cause its not permanent.  Any ideas??

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Personally I do not like kennels that are on dirt, sand, or grass because they will always me messy, hard to keep clean, and get the dogs kept in them as dirty as possible. In the event that you do not wish to pour cement I highly recommend that you invest in some large cement squares from Lowes or Home Depot that you can place on the ground which aren't permanent. You can get them in large sizes too like 14" x 14". Put them together to make your own flooring which can be removed or moved at any time. This will greatly improve the cleanliness and sanitation in your kennel area and keep your Bullie from getting all dirty.
    Once you have that done purchase a product called Wysiwash - https://www.wysiwash.com/  This stuff is more powerful than bleach when it comes to sanitation and kills all bacteria and germs even Parvo. It's a lot safer too and leaves the area smelling like a chlorine pool.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    I think this conversation stinks.... and I am going to stay well away
    :((
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Not if the intent is for bettering the living environment of a Bull Terrier that could be happier and healthier.  :)>-

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Of course...'twas just kidding ... I find that (the remainders of) urine in fact is the greater generator of stink than poop.... That's why, as you say, you need the bleach.... except no grass will withstand urine or bleach.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks guys..........don't know why I didn't think of patio blocks!!!  dahhhh  Hannah is never locked in her run, she just goes into it do her business, then runs back out to enjoy her fenced in, nice grass, toy filled back yard!!  Complete with deck so she can come and go as she wishes through the patio door.  Spoiled!!!! :D