Skip to content

Hanging out with Sooner

Just hanging out with Sooner while doing chores on our property. No better companion than a Bull Terrier!

Sooner (6).JPG
800 x 534 - 434K
Sooner (10).JPG
800 x 534 - 309K
Sooner (13).JPG
800 x 534 - 308K
Sooner (14).JPG
400 x 600 - 189K
Sooner (15).JPG
400 x 600 - 193K
Sooner (16).JPG
400 x 600 - 207K
Sooner (21).JPG
800 x 534 - 294K
Sooner (22).JPG
800 x 534 - 260K
Sooner (23).JPG
800 x 534 - 266K
Sooner (24).JPG
800 x 534 - 291K
Sooner (26).JPG
800 x 534 - 344K
Sooner (27).JPG
800 x 534 - 286K
Sooner (29).JPG
800 x 534 - 375K
- Steve Gogulski
"It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
www.bulliesofnc.com

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited August 2015
    I know... It's the strangest thing... Isabella follows my wife around every morning, into the garden and , typical lady, she just sits nearby and watches on as Zelle digs in the mud, glad to watch but not getting involved .... Marco follows me, and can be a pain in the arse sometimes, 'cos, whether I am changing a filter, fixing a pipe, or digging up a plant, he has to get right in there with his nose where I am trying to work and hindering me... I don't have the heart to push him away... It's like he's trying to learn...My wife says I just use it as an excuse for taking longer to get things done ( the older I get)... He also gets pissed when I insist that he stays inside the pool enclosure when I'm insect spraying... 'Cos that shit makes me sick for hours after... Can't get it out of my nose and eyes....
    What does Sooner weigh Steve?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Sooner is about 72 lbs. Good size for a Male Bullie.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    I gotta get a good fix on Marco's weight... I think it's north of 78... My have to cut back on the vittels.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
    LOL. Get him on the tread mill.
    He don't look overweight from his photos.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Sooner is so handsome and stunning.  Love seeing how happy he is hanging out with you.  Your bull terriers have the best temperaments around!
  • Sooner looks superb!! Such good company!
    edited August 2015
    I measured Marco today... and he is 80lbs!!!!! I couldn't believe it... he isn't fat, he is just damn solid, and he is not that big. He measures 21" high and 26" long????
    imageimage
    Marco082515a.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    Marco082515b.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    Isabella does have a little belly... she is about the same dimensions (except for the head!) as Marco, and she weighs 76lbs..... Do you think they should go on a diet?
    Isabella082515.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    Phil many people like them looking a little on the heavy side. However, if they were judged you'd be told they need to loose a few pounds based on the size, bone, and structure. Additionally, many Bull Terriers can get lazy and overweight as they age. The added weight slows down their energy level too which doesn't help matters.

Your Bullies don't look bad at all but for their age they just starting to look a little on the heavy side which is seen on the torso, stomach, and rear leg tone. Hard to believe Marco is 80 pounds because he looks a lot smaller than Rocky who is 84 pounds. However, Rocky probably has the potential to get a lot heavier if I allowed it. I'm probably bad though because once I start seeing weight showing in areas where it's starting to hide muscle definition I cut their rations and wear them out throwing the ball with them.

Kolohe is an older female of mine and has some arthritis now which has slowed her down considerably. Now she picks out weight just by looking at food. She's barrel shaped and may feel solid as a rock but I know where he correct look and weight should be and she just can't get back to the proper appearance she once had.

I've noticed how quickly a couple of mine can gain or lose weight based on rations and exercise. Nitro is a good example because I could easily pack weight on him fast but I try and maintain him at around 74 pounds because I know that's where he looks the best based on his size and structure.

You'll know in due time if they're holding too much weight and not exercising as much as they should when you start noticing a slight dip in the center of their back and less muscle tone showing. Others like to look for how much loose skin (or in some cases rolls) are visible at the base of their neck.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    I know... They lose it in the winter... It's just too hot for them to work out for long now.. Still 100 most days
  • @Philsergeant
    That's why I'm so incredibly happy that Djamila loves to swim and fetch in the pool. Otherwise I'd have no idea how to work her out properly with these temperatures around. I'm less worried about her weight, but worried about her going through the roof when not getting enough exercise, because despite the heat she doesn't lose neither her steam nor curiosity. Takes a 1 1/2 hour bite out of my free time each day and millions of mosquito bites to suffer, but that's ok as long as she's happy :)

IS IT EVER going to be LESS HOT again??? :):)

Just in case you've not already thought of it: You may want to get your two cuties wet when they are outside, especially when playing - if not in the pool, maybe with the garden hose. It's probably fun for them just to play with the water. Djamila insists on playing fetch on the grass in our yard also. These days I always make sure, we're both soaking wet before we do it. So she gets to cool at least little when running. Currently her playtime is a continuous back and forth between the pool and lawn.
    @Djammy,  Kindly loop a whistle around Djamila's neck and send her over here to train my kids to swim in the pool !! The only outings they enjoy these days are to the beach if it's overcast. We do keep them hosed down if we are home but on outings they run out of steam pretty quick.
  • edited August 2015
    I feel like just looking at him, a third of Marco's weight is in his head! Massive, he is. But a fabulous looking boy. He doesn't look overweight to me. Isabella looks more sausagey, could probably benefit from some Zumba or something. I can't hardly get my dog to do anything when it's hot, and she hates water...so she is having trouble exercising outdoors. And then she hates snow and cold wind on her rear, so we don't get much in the winter either... *sigh*

Sooner looks much more interested in you Steve than anything else out there! I love the way he looks at you and kind of leans on you though. Love it when my dog does that. :)
  • I agree with Quinn.  Both your dogs are gorgeous Phil and look great!!  So does the pool!!!  Hannah would love to have a pool, (so would I) but she has a lake.  Which can make her a little stinky.  She just Loves hanging in the water with my granddaughter.  I don't even exist when Hailey is here!!!  Good thing I'm getting another bully :x
    DSCF3825.JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 969K
    DSCF3826.JPG
    2048 x 1536 - 957K
  • edited August 2015
    Yeah, it’s that devoted, affectionate look they really manage to melt your heart with. It’s really nice to see it in the photographs. Love to watch Djamila hugging and kissing hubby after wagging towards him.
    They have so much love to give.

All of the Bullies here are such beauties!

It’s funny with the water.
    First of all, I thought ALL EBT’s LOVE snow! :) Fancy did.
    Djamila does not know snow. And as a puppy she was not much of a swimmer by nature, either - believe it or not.
    Years ago our Staffie relentlessly plunged into the water like he were a fish - no questions asked.

Djamlia was hesitant with the pool and would probably not have entered it on her own as a puppy anytime soon. But she always was very curious and outgoing. So we thought we give it a shot. As we have a pool available, we bought a little puppy life vest and started with carefully placing her in the water to float in her vest.
    From her belly first touching the water, over swimming, learning how to safely enter and exit the pool over the stairs to eventually getting addicted to water games it took several months and sometimes baby steps.
    Yet, the entire process was a lot of fun. With every new step we carefully checked, if she is still ok with what’s happening or if she gets scared. She was hesitant at some points, but never really frightened.
    So she basically “learned how to swim” in lessons just like kids do.
    But I am not sure, if I would try the same with an adult dog, especially not with a dog that has some “water history”.
    Our former EBT Fancy was scared to the bones by the pool. After she had accidentally fallen into the pool once, this matter was sealed. She loved walking in the water at the beach and bathing in muddy puddles. Everything else was tabu.

Add-on: Just remembered that we have once made a short video of Djamila's first swimming attempts.

mila_pool.jpg
    749 x 1248 - 287K