Skip to content

Eggs

philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
My kids love eggs.... No, let me repeat that, my kids LOOOOOOVVVE eggs. Hard boiled, scrambled, raw, but best they love them soft boiled ( my specialty).... If I smash a couple of soft boiled eggs over corrugated cardboard, they'd eat it all... ( don't worry, I'd never, just saying ) ... They've gotten to the point where, being smarty-pants, as soon as my hand goes to the fridge egg tray, they do backflips.... Perhaps their ancestors lived near a chicken farm with a very inattentive farmer? The problem is, I'm a softy, and I seem to have increased the number of eggs they get from one a week each... To like 5. Naturally I'm a bit concerned about the increased colesterol ( damn auto-spelling just put in "coolest oral")... Had to go back and fix that >:D< Does anyone have any thoughts, experience of this "problem".
P.S. I've been trying to get better and better quality eggs ( 'cos I know lots can have steroids, added hormones etc.) but man, they can get esssspenseeeeve!
In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Phil you got to do what Craig (Bullies of NC Jacksonville) does and raise your own chickens. Fresh eggs daily for you, your family, and Bullies! No steroids either. I was going to raise some chickens here but I have too many other things I have to tend to and I know they would become my sole responsibility and I have too many chores as it is.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited August 2015
    Yes, I have notice that Craig has been unforgivably sluggish on the site recently, perhaps you should give him the marine shuffle and have him provide input to this thread!!!!!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Tell me about it. I try to bug him for updated photos of his Bull Terriers to post on the website but it's like pulling teeth. He hates the computer and isn't a big fan of electronics in general. I think he blesses us with a visit to the forum on an annual base. He's coming by this weekend so I'll be sure to let him know that there are people on the Forum who think his computer is broken. :)

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Yes, tell him to sit in the sun outside his wigwam and send some smoke signals if he has electrono-o-phobia!
  • edited August 2015
    @philsergeant
    I guess presence of steroids and antibiotics is indeed the far more important issue to worry about when giving eggs to a dog. To my knowledge dogs don't have the same issues with cholesterol levels as humans do.
    I read about cholesterol in dogs, when I got a little worried about coconut oil containing 80% of saturated fats.

There can be abnormalities with the cholesterol in dogs, but not caused by eating eggs or saturated fat.
    Also I read that a dog's arteries are not in danger by plaque buildup as present in humans.

Even in humans it's highly discussed today, if the cholesterol intake over food really has that much impact on blood cholesterol levels.
    In humans other factors, such as overweight, too much overall fat and sugars in the diet, genetic predisposition etc. seem to have a lot more influence.
    Dogs are even able to tolerate higher amounts of animal fat as long as they can burn the calories. Because obesity in dogs, of course would be a different story with other related diseases and issues.

Long story short: No worries about eggs due to cholesterol for your dogs, if you ask me.