Skip to content

meet ozzy!

meet our 8 week old mini bull terrier ozzy, hes a male. i would like to meet some new people on here and get advice on training etc. his starting his day care classes soon. hes a handfull at this age, its like having an actual baby lol. well here are some pictures of him. enjoy. imageimage
SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg
640 x 852 - 81K
20150813_124335.jpg
5312 x 2988 - 6M

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Man, He is as cute as a button! Welcome to the site. Please feel free to ask whatever. He has got HUGE ears, so better start reading up on ear taping and start adding gelatine. Do you still have him on the same food as his breeder had, and are going to wean him off to something new and GF?
    We hope you keep posting photos and look forward to seeing Ozzy grow!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Welcome!!!

He sure is cute puppy! Yes, they are a handful when they are young and they have a Long puppy stage. Good luck. We'll be here for any questions and we LOVE seeing updated photos so keep us posted.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • i want to tape his ears but my girlfriend thinks it buggs him or puts him in pain? hows the gelatin? how does that work? and no we changed his food. hes been lazy today. but he gets those excitement moments where all he wants to do is run and bite on everything. and another funny note he farts alot haha. we want to starat socializing him with other puppies and people asap.  
    edited August 2015
    The farting is probably due to the food change. Did you change him gradually, what is his diet now.? You should add a sachet of Knox Gelatin to each day's food.... If you feed him twice, half a sachet each time. There are lots of threads on here that talk about ear taping, you should read them all... It doesn't hurt.... But try the gelatin for a few weeks... Maybe they will come up on their own. He needs LOTS of exercise and will for the next year, EVERY day. And socializing is very good, as many other dogs and people as possible ( tell them to be strong)
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • he eats approximately 1 cup of puppy food a day. ive been having a problem this past few days where he gets aggressive when we pick him up when he is really interested in something. i pick him up and tell him ozzy stop! in a firm voice, and he seems to comprehend for a bit but then shows aggressiveness again. do you guys know the cause of this or has it happened to you guys. kinda like hes testing us on how far he can go with things? any input is appreciated. 
    edited August 2015
    That's exactly what it is...He is determinedly trying to find out if he can become CEO of that organization... You have to tell him that "He's Fired"! and that you are the boss!  And don't pick him up, that's reward, push him down and hold him immobile .... If he is a quality dog (fighter) he will get up and try again... that's what you would expect from a dog with character. If you are a quality leader you will "fire" him again.  Until he submits, and it will take a few weeks or a month.  He should really be on two times a day with the cup of food.... What are giving him?, is he finishing it? Are you giving him any wet puppy (can) food? Anything else? Are you leaving kibble out during the day?
  • yea we thought so, thank you for the advice. we thought him how to sit, so now every time he wants something such as go out to potty, or food or water he sits. we feed him approximately cup in three servings. and we feed him blue buffalo puppy food. and no he doesn't finish it at times, but when he doesnt finish it and walks away we take the food away. and no, no wet puppy food yet, weve been thinking about it though. and no we dont leave the kibble out. ones he walks away from it we put it away untill hes next serving. we feed him treats sometimes when he does something good, such as sit, stop nibbling on something when we tell him to.  
    I'd check out the Blue Buffalo.... Do search on here and read comments... I think only the Wilderness is grain free, and you must have grain free.... There are lots of opinions and experiences of different food types but I remember that Blue Buffalo comes up "not too good".