Skip to content

Another Puppy!?!?!

Hi Everyone.
I'm new to this forum and have a question I'd like to put out there.  My husband and I are first time Bullie owners and have fallen hopelessly, crazy in love with them.  We have a 10 mos old reg'd tri female named Hannah.  She has become the love of our life!!!  She is extremely smart and hilariously funny.  She is currently in obedience classes where she is the class clown!!  No surprise there........haha.  My goal is to get her CD and then move on to agility, which I know she will excel in.  My question is we want another Bullie!!!  We must be Nuts.....but we have BT fever.  What would be a good age for Hannah to be before introducing another puppy to our family???  She is spayed and absolutely loves other dogs.  She wants to play with them all, but I don't want to distract her from her training.  We also don't want to wait too long as she may become too jealous of another puppy.  And which sex would be better for her??  Any thoughts??
DSCF3524.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 980K
DSCF3518.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 930K
DSCF3506.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 952K
DSCF3535.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 967K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited July 2015
    Geee,,,, we are all totally surprised... none of us here knows anything at all about falling in giddy love with an EBT!!  ?, you must be thinking of some other group of people!  :-)

If I could afford 10 I'd have them (space wise as well as money wise)!  We have two and they totally love one another and the best thing you can do for a Bullie is get another

By the way, welcome, please post often

SHE! is obviously YOURS!!! So you have to get your hubby a boy!  He is going to have to be handsome though (which is not hard for Bullies) because she is a beauty.  Glad you are enjoying, your life will never be the same, especially with two.

Regarding age, as soon as possible, so they can grow together... Trent has a few pups for sale a couple of Discussions down.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Haha nope we know nothing of bully fever! Lol. I'm picking up my new pup this Saturday and our first bully is 13 months old. Should be fun!
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    To be honest, age of your current Bull Terrier won't be much of a factor even if you waited until she was older. When you introduce a small 8 week old puppy to an older dog it won;t take long at all for her to figure out that the new puppy is just a baby which shows no aggression or dominance like an adult might. Unless your current dog has some serious aggression problems with all dogs you shouldn't have anything to worry about when introducing a young puppy.

I'm with Phil though, I think you should get a male. They'll become best friends quickly and their playing together while outside will keep them energetic and healthy. Plus on any times you have to leave them home by themselves at least they'll have each others company.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Yes Loki.... If there are no new photos posted by midday Saturday (your time), we are going to suspend your membership!!!!!
    :))
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks guys for all your input!!!  Very helpful.  Loki.........have fun picking up your new puppy.  I'm sure you won't be sleeping tonight!! LOL  I agree with Phil, post up some pics.  Have you got a name in mind?
  • We decided to name her Indica. I was originally set on the name Juno but my BF absolutely hates that name for some reason.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Ju no something, I think that name Indica.  :P

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com