Skip to content

Elevated dog beds

edited June 2015 in General
I've been trying to find a good bed for the dogs I've come across raised dog beds which seem fab there good for keeping the dogs cool they dry quicker to better hygien to ive decided to get one as my dogs love my sun loungers and the raised dog beds r kinda the same martiel u can just hose them down I thought they would be ideal for the garden to keep them cool to just wondered if anyone could recommend a good once it needs to be xl or xxl to fit all 4 dogs as they all snuggle up together thanks .

Comments

• Which bed exactly did you find?
    We have the Kuranda aluminum dog bed. I love it so much that I dedicated an entire article to it in my blog. Djamila does, too. Not the cheapest dog bed one can find, but IMO worth every cent. Easy to be kept clean, both the bed itself and the area below. And really durable.

Is this the kind of beds you found or something even better?

kuranda.jpg
    700 x 400 - 90K
  • Your one is the best I've seen quality wise I'll seen them on a few sites think I might have to get 2 as need it to fit 4 dogs .
  • edited June 2015
    This is what the bed looks like with my 47 lb girl on a size Large (40 x 25 in). So, if you're getting 2 for 4 dogs, you might want to go a tad bigger (XL or even XXL)....Just in case you're ordering online. Sometimes it's a little hard to make the best decision, when all you have are some numbers and an online order.

mila_on_kuranda.jpg
    800 x 450 - 82K
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited June 2015
    Oh! Your dogs are all just bloody well SPOILED.... :-)... Love it!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I was thinking xl or xxl but I cant find a xxl sophie weights 21 kg chaos is 22 kg precious is 17 kg Lucy 15kg so it all mounts up and the pups r on ly 7 and 8 months so they still have alot of growing bloody spoilt lol ..
  • edited June 2015
    @bigbear1tracey
    In the U.S. among other sources you'll find them on Amazon. But as you are talking in "kg", I assume you live in a country using the metric system, so, probably not the U.S.

Those beds are THE BEST! No kidding. Spoiled? Guilty as charged :)
  • I'm in the uk @Djammy so eBay or amazon I'll try think I'm defo going to need two lol :)) I think all our bullys r spoilt I even recline the sun loungers for mine if they don't look comfy and I get the chair even tho they r meant for me lol :))
  • I don't know, if you've already found that ... Kuranda (http://www.kurandadogbeds.co.uk/index.php) point to this reseller for the UK on their website: http://www.aws-design.co.uk/index.html

The reseller also has a note on the Kuranda beds on their website: http://www.aws-design.co.uk/services.html

Kuranda seems to only carry beds up to XL. Maybe the reseller has all sizes in stock. But I think you would need to call them or write an e-mail.
    While browsing the internet I found one shop that said the XXL size was "discontinued". So, I don't know, if that's a general thing or just on that website.

Maybe the links can help you out, if you can't find any other supplier.
    Kuranda is a small US company. That explains why it's harder to find their products in Europe.

The only other suppliers I found in the UK who are offering up to a size XXL are those two:

I have no idea how trustworthy those online shops are.
    Still hope that maybe the links are able to help you a little with your search, if ebay does not bring the desired results. I saw a lot XL on ebay.co.uk, but no XXL.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited June 2015
    @Djammy... I am starting to believe that my two could relate to those... especially during FL summers.... But I don't seem to be able to find the nice aluminum and black ones you have... Only dark frames?  I think XL for them,. you agree?

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thank u @Djammy for taking the time to look for me I'll post one I found its xl so 2 might be needed there not as nice as yours and I'll look at the links I've looked at so many lol þhanks again
  • Just looked at the first link they do a xxl it's more than I'd thought of spending £146.00 but u pay for what u get good quality and it's very low stock but that's definitely the kind of bed I wanted it makes the one I found look crap lol . The other link only went up to a xl I'll have to twist the oh to that amount ha ha .
  • Yeah it's a pile of money just for dog bedding. If you are not 100% sure wether your dogs will like it, maybe it's not even the worst idea to first get one as a test.

When we decided to spend the money on an elevated bed, we chose the most stable and least destructible version we were able to find. Which automatically results in the higher end of prices, of course.
    As far as it concerns the Kuranda bed: I'd always choose THIS bed again and the aluminum version over plastic for durability, although I've never seen or tested the plastic version. Just thought aluminum is the best bet for dogs with strong jaws and sometimes curious ideas when getting bored. :)

It is very practical - very light also by the way - because it can be used indoors AND outdoors. No worries about wet floors from playing in the pool or anything like that.
    The nylon lie down area is also of very durable material and can easily be used even without buying a pad for the bed. The entire bed is also easy to clean.

While it was kind of an investment, I am positive that this bed will outlive Djamila.
    So in general it is probably going to be just a one time investment. No guarantee, but pretty likely.
    The only thing I might have to replace over the years is maybe the reversible pad, I've bought in addition.
    Although ours also holds up really great. I've already washed it several times and it still looks almost like new afterwards. Hardly any signs of wear.

Just telling you this to help you make an informed decision. I am not getting paid buy Kuranda for advertising their stuff or anything.

I'm just a happy customer. :)

• Hi @Djammy u got it for the same reason as me I'd like I'm for manly outdoors at the moment the dogs love the sun but I know if I put this in the shade they would happy lay on it as they keep stealing my sun beds lol there easy to clean without the bedding there nice and cool will dry quickly etc seems like a good idea I was going to get a cheaper on as they r expensive but I know they probably will not last to long with the weight of the pups already at nearly 90lbs that's without the other two dogs weight thanks for your help .