Skip to content

rant rant rant ignorant people

I have to post this topic as I've just come back from the woods with the dogs I've just had a argument where people judge the ebt breed and it's made me wild I had precious off the lead and she saw a women with 4 dogs 2 little poddle type dogs a lab and something else precious ran over to play she was doing nothing wrong next thing I know she got hold on off collar and had her up on her back legs I ran over and told what tge f..k did she think she was doing to put her hands on my dog and how dare she touch my dog i told her if she touch my dog again id knock her f....king head off if she ever touched any of my dogs she said I had one of those killer dogs myself and said my dog would attack her poodle I went crazy I'm so angry because how dare she touch my dog if my daughter hadn't been there It would of gone further I'm so mad then I came home I found out she's the same women my son ran into with sophie what is it with people how they judge a breed I just can't calm down .

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited June 2015
    That's why a sensible person's ambition in life should always be to constantly seek a lower human density living environment... I live where the home lots are one acre, and only about 1/3 of the community is built out, so typically you bump into more wild life than human life.... but it's still too many Ignoramus'es... I am hoping to die in a house where the nearest neighbour is 10 miles away  (like Steve does ;)   )
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • The problem where I am u don't see alot of ebt but the people who go to the woods r very stuck up that there's heads r so far up there back side it's untrue if any of my dogs was is the wrong they would be checked and I would apologies but she did no wrong I think I was more angered that ive worked so hard with precious to get her to be able to be good around other dogs she's been threw so much in her little life and then this stranger grabs hold of her held her the way she did which could of instigated her to attack one of her dogs because of how she had hold of her I wish I lived where u guys do lol I'd love that all I can say is god help her if she crosses me or my dogs again she's probably one of these people who bought a ebt and got rid of it in a few weeks I'm still fuming ...
    X(
  • Unsure what the laws and organizations are where you live, but where I live in the middle of the city, if someone grabs my dog like that, I'm calling the SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) which has enforcement abilities.  Actually, I'd call the police to report it and ask them to contact the SPCA to followup.  The problem, though, would be that if I had a dog off of a leash, I'd be ticketed during the process. 

It's pretty disgusting what that lady did.  To think she was harassing your son, too, is even worse.  So sorry you had to deal with that.  I feel so sad for Precious to have a stranger grab her like that.  It's very troublesome and upsetting to read about it, so can only imagine how upset you are.  What she did was wrong. 

Are there leash laws there, and is there an organization you can talk to about her doing that?  That sounds abusive what she did.

• There's no laws like that here that I know off only if I'd l amped her one I'd would of got arrested I was so up for presious .
  • edited June 2015
    I understand where you're coming from but you have to understand that people are scared of this breed and act appropriately. I don't appreciate ANY dog running at my dog, regardless of breed, however, the only places dogs are allowed to be off leash here are dog parks. It is against county ordinances for dogs to be off leash. Even if an unknown, unleashed dog came running at me and Quinn while we were in our apartment complex, I would immediately go on the defensive (careful to watch body language) and be 100% prepared to kick that dog in the face if it tries anything with Quinn. People are stupid and don't understand dog body language and understand bull terriers even less, so just be careful. I don't want Precious to get into the hands of someone worse than this crazy bat.

Now the ignorance about you "having one of those killer dogs" is completely uncalled for and she is probably exactly the ignoramoose that philsergeant is mentioning above. It's always be so crystal clear to me that people know next to nothing about Bull Terriers. I'm happy to be a breed advocate to set these goofballs straight though.
  • @Quinnofhearts thank u for your reply the laws r different here in the uk u can go anywhere with your dogs and have them off lead we was in a well none woodland area which is were people take there dogs like I said precious had done nothing wrong just wanted to play it was the way she grabbed her had hold of her and the comment I know a lot of people r scared of ebt but they've always come around to actually really liking them once they have met sophie my neighbour was terrified when I first moved in because of having a ebt but now she adores them and I also look at a dogs body language when outwith the dogs I'll probably see her again that will be fun lol ..
  • You are lucky to have these spaces where you can let your dog roam. I don't think I'd be able to let Quinn loose either way though...not very good at recall. Some people just won't ever warm up to the bullie breeds unfortunately. Like I've read some people saying "yeah i've met some that are really sweet but I'd never let them near children!!" and I'm like.....?????
    People just don't know how to look for warning signs and body language in dogs. If Precious had come running up to us ears perked up, tail high, very domineering, yes, I would have been on guard. But if she came loping over, ears back, waggly butt, I probably would have greeted her myself first, then let her have a careful introduction with my own dog. But still, only in extreme circumstances would I ever jerk a dog by its collar.
  • @Quinnofhearts I must admit we r lucky we have a lot of places we can go precious was how u stated ears back wagging tail I always have watched her body language because of the problem I had at first when I got her .
  • Unfortunately, there is a misconception regarding the breed with many people.  I took Kendall to PetSmart several years ago to have her toe nails trimmed, and they wouldn't take her because they said they couldn't accept pit bulls.  Never went back.
  • I don't blame u I would of told them whete to stick there nail clippers where the sun don't shine .
    What? Stick the clippers in England?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Unfortunately, there is a misconception regarding the breed with many people.  I took Kendall to PetSmart several years ago to have her toe nails trimmed, and they wouldn't take her because they said they couldn't accept pit bulls.  Never went back.
    This is a rule at all PetSmart's for any type of boarding and grooming all because EBT's fall under the Bully breed. I wanted to do boarding in the past but wasn't allowed even though my dog was docile and calm with any type of dog. It's unfortunate that the EBT's are associated with Pit Bulls.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    It must be an individual franchise owners policy because here in Jcksonville, NC I don't think you could walk in there without seeing at least one Pit Bull. There are many Pits in this area PetSmart would be losing a lot of business if they didn't entertain them.
    You should ask to speak to the owner and find out what they have against English Bull Terriers. If they say it isn't their decision please let them know that Pits are ALWAYS in the PetSmart here in NC.

They board Pit Bulls here, (not sure about grooming) and I've even seen them selling Pit Pups from the store.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    edited July 2015
    What with all the noise about theoretical "Minority discrimination" going on.... We should find the "Al Sharpton" of Bullies, to make sure they are not segregated and treated unequally.... (by those that are not equal to them in the first instance).

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    No...no....no.... Phil! He would only cater to the colored Bull Terriers. The white and colored Bull Terriers are getting along great together and doing just fine. If we get another Al Sharpton involved with Bull Terriers it would surely create hate and discontent within the breed. We have to continue to keep the breed happy, loving, caring, and loyal without any corruption.

We have enough haters within the human race and Bull Terriers love no matter what race, religion, sex, or ethnicity. Maybe we should learn from them.  ;)

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Oh Yes! Silly me! what was I thinking???!!! We don't need politicians any where near Bullies... We'll just let the rest of the ignorant world reject them,  and know that the jerks are too dumb to recognize the superior animal!