Skip to content

Corrupting the Bull Terrier Breed

Please understand I love ALL Bull Terriers and I'm fascinated when I see a Liver Bull Terrier from time to time. Obviously due to the eye color as well as nose color a Liver Bull Terrier actually goes against the Breed Standards but it doesn't mean I don't like them. However, due to their faults in regard to the standards I would never deliberately breed them in hopes of creating a "Designer Dog" for the mere purpose of fooling people into paying a large amount for a dog that's exploited as rare or unique. Well of course they are rare and unique if they are "incorrect" per the standards. The reason you don't see them often s because they are NOT supposed to be bred for a color that isn't in harmony with the breed standard. For those breeders who do not breed to the standard or deliberately try and go against it for the creation of a "Designer Dog" for the mere purpose of financial gain - Shame on you! The only thing you are doing is hurting the breed we all love and cherish. For those that love the breed please don't hesitate to school others when you see blantant ignorance from breeders who are damaging the future of the Bull Terrier breed.

Here's an example of a breeder that has been posting all over Facebook as well as the cheap 3rd party Puppy Websites for backyard breeders. Check out the prices for these puppies which don't come from reputable bloodlines, are NOT health tested, and come with no health guarantee. What you get is a Liver Bull Terrier which is exploited to be "Rare" and "Special."  This breeder is deliberately breeding Liver Bull Terriers and spreading the gene.

rip off.jpg
462 x 552 - 26K
- Steve Gogulski
"It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
www.bulliesofnc.com

Comments

• I agree this really gets my back up so many people looking to make money with no care of anything else
  • I hope no one gets in line to buy those dogs like kids wait in line to buy those Jordan's that come out every couple of weeks.if that happens that so called breeder will continue with he's reckless behaviour !!! So sad :o3 X_X
  • Dang, now I have to tell Max that he is a Designer Dog. That's got to heart his self image as a big tough bull terrier....;-)
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    LOL, I don't think Max is going to have any bad feelings especially knowing his type color is being sold for $6500 and they don't have near the structure and conformation as him. They just share the same color.

Hopefully we don't see a new add online with Max listed for $7000.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    It all just goes to confirm my long held belief that, due to the corrupt imbalance of principles in this world.... "Far too many people have more money than brains".

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • edited April 2015
    That's an insane amount of money!! What does your average normal coloured EBT pup go for over there?!
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Bull Terriers normally range from $1200 - $2500 depending on breeder reputation and pedigree. This particular breeding advertising the Liver puppies has neither reputation or commendable bloodlines. Just different colored Bullies and a huge price tag.  :-?

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • That's insane do u get alot of people breeding with other dogs because as I've been looking for another ebt I can not believe what I've seen people crossing a ebt with my eyes nearly popped out my head when I saw a advert for ebt cross r u ready for it a lurcher really I could not believe it .
  • I had to Google "Lurcher," as I did not recognize the breed. So, if I am understanding this right, a lurcher is already a mixed-breed dog, right? The pictures I saw were Deerhound-looking dogs, not understanding why anyone would sully the fine qualities of an EBT that way!
    Now I knew when I got my Murphy that as an "accidental" litter, she was not going to be a dog to be bred or shown, and was priced accordingly. While having immense respect for the breed and never wanting to encourage careless breeding, I couldn't say no to a beautiful pup that was 1) already born, and 2) needed a loving home.
    Here she is, now a bit over a year-and-a-half, a lanky 48 pounds.
    Murphy in FR.jpg
    400 x 603 - 27K
  • @mbgood u say accidently litter can u explain this is a lurcher
    Screenshot_2015-04-22-19-56-42.png
    1080 x 1920 - 1M
  • edited April 2015
    The dam and sire are both purebred bullies, but were not intentionally bred. There was a "diaper malfunction," I believe, and the mother was still a bit young. So the owners found themselves with a litter of 8 unplanned pups. 
    My last bully had recently died, and I worked through my grief by frequently looking at BT sites online, when I ran across an ad for pups. Though it was far sooner than I had planned, I jumped at the chance for a close-to-home litter that clearly were going to need homes.  I happened to get first choice of the litter, but it was a go-and-pick-one-out venture, after they felt reasonably confident that I was an experienced BT owner. But I'm not sure if I would have been turned down, even as a complete novice. Unlike reputable breeders that you contact and get on a waiting list before the pups are even born. That's what I was referring to. I know enough about the breed to know that Murphy is not a "Prime Example" of a Bull Terrier, and I would not consider showing her or breeding her (she's spayed)--though she is the love of my life, and that's good enough for me.

Part of me has pangs of guilt for any complicity in careless breeding that lessens the breeds qualities, but hey, I have a great dog and will not be contributing her to the gene pool! Accidents happen.
  • I was similer but I'd never had a ebt I came across a ad on the Internet and my ex went and got her I only wanted her as a family member just as a pet not to show etc sophie also is not a prime example of some ebt but she's beautiful has a fantastic nature etc and wouldn't be with out her she's my world .