Skip to content

Is our Athena small?

Athena is standard, 5 months old and 20lbs. We are planning on spaying her at 6 months but are worried this will stunt her growth. Is she a small bully?
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• This is Athena image
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    20 pounds is a little on the light side for her age but a lot depends on her bloodline. It could be that her parents weren't all that big.  Please remember also that Bull Terriers continue growing in height until they are around 12 months old. They continue filling out until they are 24 months old. With this said, she still has a lot of growing to do. She doesn't appear unhealthy and in her age she's probably running around at 100 mph every chance she has so she's burning up a lot of calories.  Some Bull Terriers are more active to others and need to be compensated with larger portions of food. What food do you have her on and was is her daily intake?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Ebt come in all sizes to put your mind at rest i have a 2 yr old female she only weights 44 lbs she's small and stocky but strong as a ox
    20150323_164724.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    @ BigBear. And she is so horribly beautiful and in such unbelievable good shape that it's totally disgusting!,,,, :(:((
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • @aida youre pup is a cutie, my 14 week old is 18.9lbs. I'm sure Athena will fill in.
  • Thank u @philsergeant and @TucoTheBullie we love her to pieces she's grown into such a gentle and most beautiful nature dogs loves everyone every animal she amazing .
  • OMG she's so adorable!!!!!
    Athenas mom was white and small, her dad is 80lbs lol big guy
    Ebt come in all sizes to put your mind at rest i have a 2 yr old female she only weights 44 lbs she's small and stocky but strong as a ox

• She sure does go 100mph lol!
    Her father is 80lbs but her mom was a runt, and the puppies got taken off mamas milk a lot younger because she was in too much pain so that could be it. We feed her IAMs about 2.5/3cups a day and some snacks at times lol
    20 pounds is a little on the light side for her age but a lot depends on her bloodline. It could be that her parents weren't all that big.  Please remember also that Bull Terriers continue growing in height until they are around 12 months old. They continue filling out until they are 24 months old. With this said, she still has a lot of growing to do. She doesn't appear unhealthy and in her age she's probably running around at 100 mph every chance she has so she's burning up a lot of calories.  Some Bull Terriers are more active to others and need to be compensated with larger portions of food. What food do you have her on and was is her daily intake?

• She sure does go 100mph lol!
    Her father is 80lbs but her mom was a runt, and the puppies got taken off mamas milk a lot younger because she was in too much pain so that could be it. We feed her IAMs about 2.5/3cups a day and some snacks at times lol

I'm no expert on this but bullie puppies use a lot of energy lol have u thought about as using some raw food chicken wings turkey necks tripe etc that would really build her up with a good grain free kibble also add some fruit and veg plus natural yogurt will all help
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I would highly encourage you switching foods. IAMS is not a good food and it is not a grain free kibble.

http://bulliesofnc.com/bull-terrier-nutrition/

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    @Aida  ... If I haven't said welcome previously then "WELCOME"!!  Yes, Pleas switch to something other than IAMS  ... besides the fact that the owners of that company should be in chains, it reminds me of SAM IAM!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.