Skip to content

my new bully from backwoodsbullterriers

We just got our beautiful female bully from Paul and Cindy  at http://backwoodsbullterriers.com Norman from Smallanimaldelivery.com delivered her
right to our door.  Even after leaving mom and riding for 2 days, this puppy was fully adjusted.  Ready to play, eat, then sleep all within 3 hours of meeting her VERY excited, VERY large family!
Paul was great to work with and I would highly recommend anyone thinking of adding a bully to their family seriously consider backwoods bull terriers of MI. 

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    At BackWoods do they deliberately breed Bullies with such mischievous faces??? I have got the feeling that little cutsy pie lady is going to be a naughty one.... Welcome, congratulations (first Bullie?) good luck, and please keep posting photos & stories
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Such a cutie welcome to u both .
  • edited April 2015
    Congratulations!

This is in no way to detract from your puppy, but In looking around the site that you linked, with all due respect, I find their comments about my region of the United States of America offensive and would never consider buying a bull terrier from them because of it.

quote:
    "...We don't over breed our dogs like the midsouth
    and southern breeders which breed their females, 4, 5, 6 times (
    Southern Style ) in a row and Lie about it..."
    "...

Be careful of the Midsouth and Southern Smooth talkers!! there full of lies. TRUST is the key word, can you TRUST them ???..."

The full quote:
    "
    A
    truth for thought. Be careful out there in Bullyville, It's full of
    Cons and Liars. Smooth Talkers. What ever Lie it takes to sell you a
    pup, They will tell you. Be careful !!!

Mayabelline is pregnant and due in Mid -
    February 2015, picture to the right is Mayabelline top and Banshee the
    sire bottom. Last Update January 20, 2015 . We don't over breed our dogs
    like the midsouth and southern breeders which breed their females, 4,
    5, 6 times ( Southern Style ) in a row and Lie about it, with no rest or
    until they Die!!! this weaken's the pups and the mothers immune system.
    Be careful of the Midsouth and Southern Smooth talkers!! there full of
    lies. TRUST is the key word, can you TRUST them ??? It is possible to
    request records showing registered litters from Akc with the breeders
    permission and how often the females are bred. Request records and you
    will see that most breeders are breeding there females several times in a
    row with No rest and some even as young as 6 months old. Wow!!! Akc
    records don't lie but Midsouth and Southern Smooth talking breeders do.
    Then you will see who's breeding there females, heat cycle after heat
    cycle and then lie about it!!! Midsouth and Southern lip service is a
    Bunch of Lies 99% of the time, make them prove thru Akc records that
    there not over breeding there females and then lie about it on there web
    sites!!! Question them on how often there females are bred and don't
    take there word for it, Because they will lie to you. make them prove it
    thru Akc records and you won't buy one of there pups because you won't
    hear from them again!!! We rarely breed our females two times in a row.
    If we do, they get a year rest. Automatic. Do your home work and watch
    web sites and you'll see that it's all about quantity and not quality.
    We strive for Quality!!! With No lies and No Bull.

Last Update. January 20, 2015.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited April 2015
    Yes, One has to wonder about a business (any type of business) that needs to "drive" business to itself by bashing or distracting from competing businesses.... I could even understand a statement that says. "Investigate us and whoever else you may contemplate buying a Bullie from, very thoroughly" .... But to intimate that "everyone" outside of their backyard is a liar... Why can't they just stand on their own good attributes and reputation to win business?
    Anyway Jason, I have many very good friends from Michigan (half of Michigan lives in FL these days) and they are all great people and I am sure your cheeky girl will do Michigan proud.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • politics are politics if i had to find a breeder with all my same views id be in hard shape . iv been in the dog world for a long time UKC / PKC Coon Hounds. and all stats have puppy mills the warmer states tend to have more in the hound world. id say mostly do to the a larger computation hunting culture

iv got hounds from every regent in the country. good breeders are good breeders regardless of there geographic location
     threw research  i found the dog i wonted. i then bought and had it ship half way across the country strictly on the conversations i had  with Paul as a individual. which should be done with anyone from anywhere 

i hope i did not offend any of you fine southern breeders .most of all NC bullies they to fit every thing i was looking for in a breeder
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Congrats on your new puppy @jasonH !

No worries, nothing you said offended me. Backwoods has been breeding for many years now and to be honest they don't carry a very good reputation within the Bull Terrier community. Personally I don't know much about them and have never spoke with them. I don't think they're into showing or anything and I have no clue what kind of health or temperament their dogs have. I think they'd do a lot better if they concentrated on their own bloodline vice worry so much about other breeders they feel compelled to go on and on about on their website.

I remember years ago when Backwoods and Bullies By God used to be such rivals. I think half the things on the Backwoods website was about Bullies By God. It's been a while since I've seen their website but it doesn't appear as though much has changed.

It saddens me that your puppy had such a long trip out to your home. Two days on a car ride is a lot on a puppy. Many people like to try and pretend a long car ride is a better choice than an air flight when in fact dogs will feel a lot more motion sickness on a car ride than they would on a plane. Actually if none of us ever drove in a car before we'd be sick from a simple car ride as well. Anyhow I'm glad he made it to you safely and in good form.

I must be missing something here because others are remarking on a photo of your puppy but I'm not seeing one. Was it removed?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited April 2015
    The picture was up earlier.  Unfortunately, I don't see it now, either.  Looking forward to more pictures in the future as your pup grows.

About the breeder, it's very unfortunate that they feel the need to cast such inflammatory aspersions...in writing..on the internet, no less.   
  • SeonSeon Lake Camanch, CA
    Congrats on your new puppy @jasonH !

...I must be missing something here because others are remarking on a photo of your puppy but I'm not seeing one. Was it removed?

Whee...I too thought the same
    :-B
  • They definitely bash other breeders more then they talk about themselves. I came across their site in my searches for a bully myself. But I live in VERY northern CA. They don't ship and to fly out of my area is extremely expensive. they do have some nice looking bullies though although I can remember if they said they fully health test or not.
  • Just looked them up myself they said they offer a 2 yr garentee for gentic disorders.
  • Meant to say 2 yr health garentee for gentic disorders.
    It's disappointing when you see a breeder talking so much about other breeders and focusing on nothing but his puppies and litters vice exploiting his adult dogs with pride. There is actually only one photo per dog and most of them are all taken behind a patio railing. I guess that's his favorite photo spot? Normally when people are wanting to make good judgement on the future structure and conformation of a puppy they look heavily at both parents. I guess we'll have to use our imaginations on the photos of the adults with their heads popping through the railing posts. Posting pedigrees of the parents is always a plus too.

I'm not sure this discussion initiated as an authentic post from a person who purchased a puppy from them or an "Unknown" person looking to advertise the kennel.   :-??

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • My thoughts were the same and I know nothing about breeding @BulliesofNC.
  • now im not even the owner of a new puppy i see
    how dare i be happy and proud of my new puppy that did not come from the kneel pushed by this forum
    if you were really looking for a puppy and called and spoke to some one you would see you would get all the photos pedigree AKC breeding records every thing you need to make a informed decision
    iv found a good community of owners with no skin in the game i wish you all well and hop you have half as much fun with you bullies as i am with mine   
    and here is  a photo for you all .i thought i would be considered to the web master and not use up space .on a forum i no longer planed to contribute to   
    003.JPG
    871 x 496 - 99K
    005.JPG
    781 x 768 - 120K
    003.JPG 98.7K
    005.JPG 119.9K
  • @jasonH sorry to hear u fill this way and yes u should be proud of your beautiful bully who is gawjass by the way . People join this site from all over the world because of there love for EBT and no one gets pushed to get a pup from this forum everyone gets there pup from who they wish too people come on this forum because it is filled with good people who are devoted to EBT breed who offer endless help and surrport to people who need it like myself being a first time bully owner now my girl is 2 yrs the dedication that is put into the breeding is like none I've ever seen before every body likes to get along and shares there photos , story's , and concerns and help is always to hand it's a shame u wish to leave the forum but if that's how u fill I wish u all the best and have buddies of fun with your bully .
  • @jasonH People on this forum complimented your puppy.  Anything you had asked for help with, people would have offered their experiences and help.  The only reason I saw the comments made by your breeder (in writing on the internet) about a huge swath of the country is because YOU linked the kennel.  I had NEVER heard of them.  WTH does your breeder think by labeling dishonest behavior "the Southern way?"  There's no need to answer, because even with their brand of "backwoods kennel" grammar, it was crystal clear what was meant.  It's 2015, for goodness sake, not 1915.

I'm not a breeder.  There are people on this forum that have bought BTs from various kennels.  As a matter of fact, most compliment and encourage everyone to be happy with their BT wherever it came from.  The personality of this forum is sharing and helping fellow BT owners.  We share by posting pictures of our dogs and both reaching out for help and offering help from any experiences we've had in the past.  Sorry you'll be missing out, but wishing you well and hoping you have half as much fun with the other forum that we have here. 

;)
    @jasonH - Sorry to see that you are upset with something I or anyone
    else wrote. Please note, nobody mentioned anything negative about your
    Bull Terrier. As @exiled mentioned, you received compliments on your puppy.

You need to realize a few things, most of the time a new forum member comes onto this forum they don't often visit the site one time (as your login information projects) and post a discussion aimed at exploiting a specific breeder. Additionally, they often take the time to read other discussions and comment of them as well. According to the admin records for your Screen Name history you visited the site once and made post and only now came back on for the second time. In fairness you presented yourself as someone concentrating on one agenda - Advertising positive feedback for Backwoods. Heck I didn't even see a photo of your puppy until just now.

You can't blame others for commenting on your breeder based on what they read from the link YOU provided. Anyone who read their website would surely pick up on the deliberate breeder bashing and slander towards "Southern" breeders. As mentioned before, this type of attitude written within their website provides a clear and concise judgement of their character. Who knows, maybe it's one of the reasons they don't carry a good reputation within the Bull Terrier community. It was noted in my response that they would have a better projection of themselves as professional breeders if they concentrated their energy in other things vice bashing other breeders. Examples were provided like taking the time to post more than one photo of each of their dogs or possibly posting the pedigree certificates and maybe even DNA Certificates. Call me weird but every potential puppy buyer wants to see this type of information and you should know by now that NOT everyone wants to read them rant on and on about other breeders.

The parents of your puppy are Banshee and Mayabelline. Please note on their "Bull Terrier Adults" pages there isn't one photo of either dog. The only mention of them even owning these two breeding dogs is on the "Puppies For Sale" page which shows one small photo of the parents at the bottom of the page. Once the puppies are gone and this page disappears there will be no mention of either of the parents of your puppy until they have another litter. This allows people to wonder, "Just how many Bull Terriers do they own and breed?" It's evident that they choose to "hide" some of their breeding stock until a litter is born but why?

You mentioned conducting thorough research on breeders prior to your decision to purchase a puppy. Please note, the people on this forum have done the same which may be why an eyebrow or two was raised when you mentioned Backwoods as your choice based on what they have provided you via email and what you seen and read on their website. It's apparent you didn't drive from Maine to visit with them or the parents of your puppy. Please entertain us with a decent photo of the sire and dam since your breeder "forgot" to post them on their website.

Please note, 99% of the members of this forum did NOT purchase their Bull Terrier from me and I do NOT advertise my litters on this forum. Our puppies are usually spoken for before they are even born. Currently we have 36 people on our Waiting List who have placed deposits and are patiently waiting for a puppy from an upcoming litter. I am not challenged by other breeders nor do I wish to bash any of them. Sometimes breeders do a good enough job bashing themselves by what they say and project from their own websites. ;)

It is sad that you have chosen to leave this Forum because one thing is for sure, you'll be hard pressed to find a better group of Bull Terrier enthusiasts who love the breed and support each other in way possible with advice, shared stories, recommendations, etc. Please note there are Bull Terrier owners on this Forum that have more pictures posted of their Bull Terrier on one individual discussion than your breeder has with all ALL his dogs within his entire website.  That's sad but it's the truth and it isn't bashing. Everything said about your breeder by myself was projected by what's clearly depicted on their website. So if there's anything said that you would consider wrong, mean, or distasteful please be upset with them not us.

Attached below is the one only photo of your puppy's parents. I suggest you retain it because in a couple weeks when they have another litter the page will be down and replaced with a new litter of puppies with new parents that popped up mysteriously.

BWB.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 1007K
    BWB.jpg 1007.1K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Our pup came from Paul & Cindy at Backwoods. We have zero complaints. It's sad to see one of Stoeger's half brothers was on the forum for only a short time :(

Paul & Cindy provided us with pics of sire & dam on both litters we had deposits on. They also put up with our constant requests for puppy pics prior and after selecting our pup.

Unfortunately their website doesn't project them in the best light.