Skip to content

Help look at this puppy legs

i just recently bought my first puppy she's only 11wks her name is GEMA I noticed something different as she walks please look at the picture and hope I get some help. I'm takin her to the vet Monday and I just hope she can get better and be a normal dog
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • SeonSeon Lake Camanch, CA
    Ooo, that doesn't look normal. 
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    @Ap2k7 - That's called a "Club Foot." Unfortunately it isn't uncommon within the breed. To be honest, most breeders put these puppies down because of the health complications as well as projected funds in health efforts required to stabilize the leg and the growth in order for the leg to be functional.

It's a odd coincidence that you posted this photo because we actually had one born like this from our last litter. It appeared at first as a broken leg to us and even our Vet was confused as to the exact problem. Personally I suspected Club Foot and brought it up with him and his only response was "it could be."

Our puppy was only 4 days old at the time of his assessment by our Vet and due to his age splints and other aids were not an option due to his size, age, development, and rapid growth. Currently he is 16 days old and doing well but his rear leg does have some abnormalities that will require special attention.

I must say this - Any breeder that spends time with their litter of puppies and provides the proper care of the puppies knows each one like the back of their hand. I promise you that your breeder was aware of the problem with your puppy a long time ago. In the event they were blind and dumb their Vet would have schooled them at the 6 week mark when they had each puppy health checked and vaccinated. Unfortunately your breeder decided to play dumb and "SELL" the puppy as though the problem didn't exist.

The 16 Day old puppy we have does not have quite the severity as your puppy but we wouldn't dream of selling him. He is currently being offered for adoption and we are only looking for the proper loving home for him.

I'm sorry about the circumstances with your puppy and I'm sorry your breeder SOLD him to you in this condition. He will need medical assistance but the defect can be helped in order to lead a normal life. There are surgeries that can be conducted that prove to be very helpful for this defect. His leg may always have an appearance flaw to it but that won't stop him from being a happy and lovable Bull Terrier.

Here's a photo of our puppy that has the same problem: (Rear Leg)

Litter SJ40, Boy 3 - 150211 (3).JPG
    800 x 534 - 57K
    Litter SJ40, Boy 3 - 150211 (22).JPG
    800 x 534 - 47K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited February 2015
    Such a shame, she is such a sweety! You can see from that face that she is going to grow up into a heartbreaker. I only pray that you can have the strength and patience to see it through and that you can find a compassionate orthopedic vet that will help her out without nailing your check book.... I believe the breeder  should be forced to refund whatever you paid (and then some) for their callousness. If you don't get cooperation let us know and we'll get them some adverse publicity.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks a lot guys I get in contact with the breeder
  • What a little sweetie poor baby how do these people sleep at night miss leading people they should of at least be honest so wrong makes me really angry they don't care about there pups just the money .
  • i ended up taking the puppy back to the breeder and he claims he didn't knew anything about it, anyways he said he was goin to get her checked. Hopefully she will get better. But I ended up gettin me a different one and he's good with my kids
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 3M
    image.jpg
    1242 x 2208 - 819K
  • Soon as I looked at this thread today and read it my heart sunk I felt so sorry for your puppy and even more so just at the thought that she has had to go back to the breeders so much change for a young baby I hope she's finds a home soon and gets her leg fixed I know it's something I couldn't of done as I would have been to attached but we r all different and entitled to do things as we see best so please do not take offence to my comment as it's not meant in any way I always say how I fill . Anyway your new puppy looks adorable and I hope u have a happy life with him . :)
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited March 2015
    I am so glad you managed to get a Bullie that you can love, even more glad that one good Bullie is out of that breeder's hands. Terribly sad that he would try and palm that poor baby off on you when she needs such special care. Horribly mad that breeders like him exist, and praying hard that he at least had the decency to find someone (who probably couldn't afford to pay, but loved anyway) that would care and love for the poor baby rather than try and sell her for profit. Also praying that nobody gives me the guy's address if we find out that he did the worst.

Thanx for getting back to us and please post photos and stories about his growth and family integration.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • It's so horrible when people who class them selves as breeders think so little of there pups all they see is pound notes it's so wrong it will probably cost so much money to put her leg right and if u can't afford that kind of money it will take to fix her then your in trouble to miss lead someone like that is bang out of order as u have the emiontal attachment and then have to return the puppy so sad