Skip to content

bully our soon to be one year old..yea bully...lol

edited January 2015 in Forum Member Photos

Here is our lil man bully he is going to be turning one on Jan 11th...he is a bigggg boy about twenty inches tall and around 86 pounds of pure muscle and kisses we adore him he is smart..sweet...funny and does a schananagin daily that makes us lol...hope everyone is good have a great day

20150101_001543.jpg
2560 x 1536 - 629K

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    He's a great looking Bullie. WOW, 86 pounds at only 20"!!! I have yet to see any Bull Terrier with those measurements. We have a Bull Terrier named Rocky who is 24" and weighs 82 pounds but a 20" Bullie at 86 pounds is a pure monster.
    Here's a couple photos of our Bull Terrier Rocky which must not be close to the build of yours if he's at 20":

Rocky (1).jpg
    338 x 600 - 40K
    Rocky (2).JPG
    800 x 450 - 97K
    Rocky (3).jpg
    800 x 600 - 120K
    Rocky (4).JPG
    800 x 531 - 140K
    Rocky (5).jpg
    338 x 600 - 32K
    Rocky (6).jpg
    800 x 450 - 64K
    Rocky (7).jpg
    338 x 600 - 37K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Wow 86 lbs at 20" is beast! What does his diet consist of...if you don' t mind me asking.. My BT is only 35 lbs at 16" and he's 7 months old.
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 1M
  • This is Tuco, my deaf bully..
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 1M
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited January 2015
    Tuco just had to be deaf... because with all the people telling him he was the cutest EBT on earth every 3 minutes he would sure get sick of it... Just kidding, I really feel for him but he is just totally smashing!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
    Steve! I worked it out!!! In the fourth photo of Rocky, (the one in front of the pink daughter), just below the base of his tail you can see the air valve... You've been inflating him there everytime, just before you snap the photos, you big cheat!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks guys...steve rocky is beautiful hope bully gets a lil taller...lol he is sooo powerful and strong my sister describes him as majestic and full of grace he has a big boy bark but only barks if he hears something outside usually he talks but never barks if he does get up go look bcuz sumthin is up....tuco...poor baby my mom is deaf...our neighbor has a blue heeler rescue somebody kicked her eye out and beat her ear drums to the point of total deaf....even tho she was severely injured and abused she is a very happy dog and lives a great life...as far as food bullies of nc aka steve he is def ur go to guy...he knows the right stuff...bully eats a raw diet....but he also has alot of energy and between myself and hubby we walk him alot exercise a ton playing fetch...tug...chase etc but he is ready to go on a walk first thing in the morning after he does his business...and he is ready again after dinner he takes naps thruout the day...but once he is awake it is goooo time lol....ill post some pics of bully hold up ima go snap a few...but I just think he has awesome parents he is naturally muscled up...people think we make him run with like cynder blocks have even asked im like noooo way....first off he a baby still growing I dont encourage running and jumping I want him to have good hips and knees etc his bones are still forming come on....but anyways steve has awesome receipes and good luck with whatever u decide either way ur dogs are good lookin i love em
  • That was last night sorry guys took so long tried to attatch said unable due to low memory. ..smart phones...ya u gotta be real clever to make em do wtf u want...lol
    20150105_174914.jpg
    2560 x 1536 - 826K
    @Bully, he has lovely coat condition, no rough/ dry spots... fabulous!
  • Awww thanks philsergeant....he is sooo soft I always thought they had course ruff hair honestly thought they would feel kinna like a potbelly pig...his parents are super soft coats too....I asked our breeder he said quality blood lines he will stay soft and im happy for that because I snuggle him alllll the time he is soooo cuddly. ..lol takes up ur lap and everything else but sweet I know he is too big to rock but I have a big stuffed rocking chair he barely fits but he luvs crawling up in mommy's lap and giving kisses and hugs...smh .....what can I say im a sucker for cuties...lol...well guys we are under a snow storm around here temp is 6 or 7 degrees...brrrr glad I got a big heater that follows me...hahaaaaa yall stay warm♡
    @Bully  Yeah, its starting ti get real cold here in Florida too... was about 69 this morning. BRRRRR! We just gotta find some more excuses to cuddle with the loves of our lives!!!!!!
    One of the hardest things about this Forum is often correcting a statement some people may not want to hear. However, in the event I didn't correct a statement that was wrong than others reading the Forum that are trying to learn more about the breed would end up with the wrong information about the breed. With this said, I feel it necessary to point out that a Bull Terrier's coat is NOT supposed to be real soft to the touch. In the event that your breeder mentioned that quality bloodlines produce super soft coats they were sadly mistaken, in fact it's the opposite. Here's the Bull Terrier Standard in regard to the coat:

"The COAT should be short, flat harsh to the touch with a fine gloss. The dog's skin
    should fit tightly. The COLOR is white though markings on the dog's head are
    permissible. Any markings elsewhere are to be severely faulted. Skin pigmentation is not
    to be penalized."

The fur on a Bull Terrier should actually be short and thick thus the feeling will be "harsh to the touch" not soft or fluffy like a cats coat.

Again, this is only to provide awareness in regard to the breed standard and in no way written to criticize or condemn.  :)>-

I think Bully is a great looking Bull Terrier and his coat may feel softer now because he is still young. I think the coat on all Bull Terriers feels soft to a certain degree. It's not as course as a goats coat but it is similar. Try stroking a Bull Terriers fur on their back going the opposite direction of how the hair falls naturally and you may not think it's all that soft.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • @BulliesofNC how old iz rocky?...bully is a blessing and I truly thank u for all ur tips tricks...how tos....etc. been askn u questions since before we brought him home...I researched...and here is the crazy part...my identical twin sister passed away unexpected when we were thirty ill be 39...long story but her dog smokey was her everything...she of course left hum to me....he was charlie msnson but I loved him....bull terrier dream on hold....he passed almost two years ago he was old....I didnt see bully but knew If two boys was born that i wanted baby b.....we knew mom dog was going to have puppies..she had two boys 5girls baby b...goes with bully badass...never seen him but on videos...pics... my hubby wanted a bt for over 25 years....he is our first has alot of things sentimental number wise...ya im wierd but look at him....he special....im so blessed...he is my bf...my companion...every second with him is a gift. ..he has been a challenge but he is so funny smart...he wants to do everything we r doing just adorable...we adore him....if he was five pounds he was named...wanted and luved way before he was even thought about. ..but he is more then just a dream come true he is a dream corny but real my way...so thank u ur like a angel helping him be everything a bt is supposed to be...wanna keep learning working wirh him and hopen he lives a long happy fun life..him being big I mean he is pretty unique bonus but if he was teeny tiny he still wb adorable and loved just as much he is ummm our lil man...lol have a good day we now r at winchill of negetive 13...brrrrrr ya and bully likes it..hahaaaaa crazy
    Geez, I thought it was cold here! Keep warm and give Bully a BIG hug for me. I'm glad he's with you and getting all the love and attention he deserves.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • My bad steve on the coat...didnt mean soft like a cat or any dog....just knew that description of harsh to the touch I had never even seen a bt yet I was thinking brillo pad ruff..i was surprised when I pet them it wasnt harsh like I used to imagine it being.....the older he gets his hair is not like when he was a baby...but I like his coat its def different then any dog I ever had but thats all I meant....I used to think eww the ebt must feel like what I imagine a potbelly pig must feel like....my own idea of what a bt would feel like was just different when I finally pet some in real life...no eww about it no papercuts...lol if u never pet one that description messed with my mind i guess....was happy they are petable..☺
    I know exactly what you mean Bully and again I just wanted to ensure those without much knowledge on the breed have the right information on the correct standard of the breed. Many people read forums like this one in order to gain information about the breed prior to their decision to own one. 
    One thing is for sure, everyone on this Forum can agree with how special Bull Terriers are and how much they brighten each day with their love, affection, loyalty, and humor even if they can be terrors at times.  ;)

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Here is our lil man bully he is going to be turning one on Jan 11th...he is a bigggg boy about twenty inches tall and around 86 pounds of pure muscle and kisses we adore him he is smart..sweet...funny and does a schananagin daily that makes us lol...hope everyone is good have a great day

• Happy Birthday lil man!  Keep the schananagins up!

• Steve! I worked it out!!! In the fourth photo of Rocky, (the one in front of the pink daughter), just below the base of his tail you can see the air valve... You've been inflating him there everytime, just before you snap the photos, you big cheat!

edited January 2015
    You know I love all Bull Terriers no matter what shape or size but if I had to pick an ideal height and weight for a male Bull Terrier it would be 22" and 70 pounds ripped and athletic with a broad chest and big head. I love Rocky with all my heart and he's as massive as they come but to date I have yet to see another male of his size and structure. I've met many who claimed to have a 75 or 80 pound Bull Terrier but upon seeing them in person I have concluded that many people have inaccurate scales.  :))
    In reality a 65 pound Bull Terrier is a power house with more than enough muscle and mass to handle. Pound for pound you can't beat the build of a Bull Terrier.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Loki's breeder was thinking that he would be around 73lbs at full maturity but he's only at around 46lbs right now at almost 8 months old and about 18-19" high. I'm thinking he will be around 55-65 lbs at full maturity and stocky, like his sire. His sire weighs around 62-63lbs and not sure how much the dam weights. I'm definitely more a fan of the stocky compact bull terrier build then the longer legged heavy dogs.
    I'm the same way and like the more "Bull" type. Actually the tall long legged type usually fall under the "Dalmatian" type are usually the skinnier and lighter within the breed.

Bull Terrier types.jpg
    424 x 330 - 30K
    Bull Terrier types 2.jpg
    577 x 505 - 64K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Loki's dam was more the dalmation type. It's possible he turns out to be more a mix between the two but to me. He doesn't look like he will get much taller.
  • And actually looking at those old pictures he might be more terrier type.
    Rocky will be 4 in a few months.

Rocky's Pedigree.jpg
    986 x 761 - 263K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I luv rocky he iz adorable got that cute face you just cant stay mad at..lol
    Oh during his youth he got me mad quite a few times, lol.

~X(
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Quinn is 3 days older than Rocky... May babies are the best, but i may be biased!! :x
  • :)) ....my baby is still young I feeel ya...lol