Skip to content

what to feed my molly

hi I was going to change my dogs food for taste of the wild , I have looked at some reviews and there are quite a few dog owners who believe there dogs have got salmonela after feeding them taste of the wild , diahhrea etc help what to feed my dog

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    TOTW is a great food and comes highly recommended by many. http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/taste-of-the-wild-dog-food-dry/

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • While I believe TotW may be a good option for some, especially if you're on a budget, I personally wouldn't use it again for my dog. She was very gassy on this food (bull terriers are gassy by nature...but it was BAD) and her coat was dull and even thin in some areas. Since switching her to Acana I have seen improvements on all fronts. I think TotW may be a case of "you get what you pay for" but it is decent. I think you could do better though.
    TOTW must be cheap in your neck of the woods. Where I'm at the price is of no difference than BBW or Victor. Acana is not available at my area most likely since it doesn't have quite the popularity as some of the other brands. Again every dog is different and it could have been the specific brand (or flavor) of TOTW that your Bullie didn't agree with.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Must say I didn't have much satisfaction with TOTW either... guess all Bullies are sooooo different you just need to try different until they are in the groove
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I would consider BBW a cheap food as well, and would not select it for my dog. I'm a little too picky I think... I don't know anything about Victor though, I've never seen it here. Acana in 15# bags is about $40-$50 before tax around here, depending on the flavor and variety. The Grain Free line is more expensive than the Limited Ingredient diets, and Orijen is even more expensive than Acana. Some of the Merrick lines are comparable in price to Acana and Orijen, and I think Nature's Variety is up there too.
    @Quinnofhearts if you are picky about the food for your Bullie you may want to compare the differences in nutritional value vice Price Tag. Your Acana contains Lower Protein, Higher Fat, and Less Carbs than BBW. You may also find that the ingredients listed in BBW are geared more to an active dog than Acana. However, Acana is an excellent food regardless if its nutritional value is at a lower level BBW and as long as your Bullie is doing good on it that's all that matters. I too am picky and prefer Victor not just because of the documented nutritional analysis but because my Bullies enjoy eating it and do very well from it. Orijen is also a very good food with a high protein value. There's lots of good foods available that maintain 5 star reviews with excellent nutritional value. One things for sure, no 5 star rated food would be considered a Cheap Food or they wouldn't come close to earning their ranking within dogfoodadvisor.com.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com