Skip to content

Roxanne's allergy tests came back,,,,

So first let me say this test was so worth the money. When we were so lucky to buy her from Steve I already knew we had made an investment financially and emotionally with her. In the grand scheme of things it was the best $400 I have ever spent. Without the test I wouldn't have known that most all the things she has been eating every day were hurting her. Right down to her carrot snacks!! It is so not worth guessing.

So here we go,,, chicken, lamb, beets, carrots, corn, eggs, rice, soy beans, sweet potato, yeast! And that is just the food!!!! She is also allergic to most every tree,weed, grasses, mold and tobacco.

Bugs---- fire ants, honey bees, hornets, wasps, and moths

I have found a good variety on chewy.com. Spent hours reading ingredients etc. We figure that we will deal with the outside allergies in the spring since most will be dormant allowing us to get her food under control. She will probably need something just like me.
image.jpg
1629 x 2044 - 762K

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Well, allergies aside just for a moment, that has got to absolutely be one of the best Bullie photos ever!
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    That's unbelievable! I never would have thought she'd be allergic to chicken or eggs. As far as grass, tobacco, yeast, and corn I don't think you'd be giving that stuff to her anyway.

Bugs - yep, even I get some sort of skin reaction when bitten by those critters.

Looks like Rozanne's uncommon ailments consist of chicken, rice, lamb, beets, carrots ,and sweet potato.

With this said, I'm confident she'd do great on "TOTW Pacific Stream" with occasional beef and (specific) veggies as supplements.

TOTW Puppy - Pacific Stream.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 165K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thank you Phil :). She is a funny one.

Steve, I checked that one, it has sweet potato in it, we are going to try Back to Basic, it is a 5star from the review list you had posted and has all the things she can have. We give her now hamburger with each meal, it used to be chicken. And god love her she eats the bugs :)
  • Well, at least she isn't allergic to water.  That is encouraging that the test can save a lot of time, money, and discomfort if you had gone the route of eliminating things one-by-one.  It's amazing that so many good foods seem to have several of the things she's allergic to.  I'll be interested in hearing how she likes the new food.  If you wind up needing to try another food, one of the foods that is always recommended whenever we go is Orijen Six Fish Grain-Free.  The only thing during a quick view is carrots, but that's wayyyyy down the list.  Our BT has been doing so well with their Regional Red, but that has lamb and a couple of things she's allergic to higher up on the ingredient list, so the Red wouldn't work for her. 
  • ThAnks so much, it should arrive tomorrow or Monday, she tested high positive on the carrots so I will stay clear of them. I will keep u posted :)
    @Jmaller what were her symptoms/ problems before she got diagnosed? That warranted the test?  She looks great in the photos I've seen of her.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • This is what she woke up with one morning. The next day it was all over her. We battled with meds for 6 weeks and my vet suggested the test.
    image.jpg
    2056 x 1536 - 1M
    Was it recently after surgery?

• No, she had her surgery in May I think it was and she had this happen in mid July. She still has some welts now as her new food will be here today so she hasn't been completely off the other food that still has some chicken in it.