Skip to content

New ebt owner and worried

:-??I am a bit worried this is my first ebt. He was given 2 use by a coworker since she was unable to keep him in her apt. My husband brought him home today and the first thing I noticed was what I think looks like a slight rash on the left side of his face and eye. It is causing his eye to water a lot. I don't know what to do to help treat him. I asked her if maybe she did anything different she said no that he started to develop that yesterday.  I checked all over his body and the only part affected is that one. Plz if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. I will post pics as soon as I can since im still trying to get him use to being around and handled by me. 

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    As with any new dog or puppy that's brought home, the first thing I'd recommend is setting up an appointment to have him fully health checked by a veterinarian. It would be at that time you could find out everything from fecal tests for worms to blood tests for organ functions to heart problems, etc.
    Can you provide a photo of his face and eye?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • imageimage
    PhotoGrid_1405876100006.jpg
    1920 x 2880 - 3M
  • edited July 2014
    That is our new pup Mambo formal chiko my son renamed him. He is seven
    months old. I did notice today that the redness has kinda gone away it's
    not as bad as yesterday all i did yesterday was get a warm clean cloth
    and cleaned the area and the eye. If any one has had that happen plz let
    me know what I can do. Thanks

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    It looks like he has a pretty bad infection. He will need some meds to get that cleared up. It appears like he's has it for quite some time.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Poor guy, that looks bad.  Are you scheduled to see the vet soon, like the start of this coming week?  I'd take Steve's advice to get him meds from the vet to get it cleared up immediately.
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Yes, Poor fellow, it would seem he had a skin infection around the facial area that has grown really close to the eye. If you are very lucky it hasn't gone into the eye yet, (hard to see from the photo) If it hasn't you are very lucky, if it has you better move fast to get him treated ... if not well attended he could lose sight in the eye. Either way he needs to be in totally hygenic conditions (indoors) at all times. It is going to be very hard treating the skin infection because its going to take washing with disinfecting shampoos and treating with antiseptic ointments, NONE OF WHICH can get into the eye. I'd move fast, get him inside and to the vet. (If you can find a good one that is affordable, most aren't either). 
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.