Skip to content

Ears!

Hey everyone so coach is now 3months and his eats are still not up. He still have a very distinct fold in his hears. Any suggestion on what to do to help them or advise on when they will go up?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    They will not go up on their own, that's for sure... it can be hard work... type "Taping Ears" in the "GO" bar (above "start new discussion" on top right)... you'll find dozens of strings on the subject.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Some Bull Terriers require a lot of time and efforts to get those ears to stand while others require no effort at all. A lot depends on the size of the ears, cartilage strength, and genetics. Don't give up on the taping. Send us a picture of him with the tape on his ears vice seeing him with no tape and those ears drooping.
    Here's a good document:

pdf
    pdf
    HowToTapeBullTerrierEars.pdf
    2M
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure there is still a chance they will go up on his own. My males ears weren't all the way up until he was 7 months. My female has very stiff ears that always get stuck inside our haha. Her ears were up at 2 months.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited June 2014
    There's always the chance they could go up eventually on their own. However, there's always the chance they won't. I don't suggest crossing your fingers and hoping they will go up without efforts on the owners part to train them. The longer you wait to train with tape the more difficult it becomes and often older puppies are more determined and successful to rip the tape off.
    Here's a couple photos of some grown adult EBT's that are obviously still waiting for their ears to go up. I think the only way they'll stay up now is if the owner holds them up with their hands.

Ears Down Adult BT.jpg
    640 x 480 - 38K
    Floppy Eared EBT.jpg
    960 x 706 - 96K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    That first one is the model used when Charles Schultz created Snoopy... (Peanuts).

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
    @misszeng... How them ears coming, have you tried any of the techniques?  Anything more we can do please let us know!!
    :-j
  • @philsergeant still know luck one ear stands now after taping but only when he's alert and the other is still floppy to the side! Ugh and as he gets older the amount of time the tape stays on for is shorter and shorter. :( we have been using coaches sports tape and foam hair rollers with the plastic removed any other suggestions?
  • sorry for the terrible quality i had to crop the pictures.
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    176 x 236 - 21K
    photo 1.JPG
    222 x 298 - 31K
    edited July 2014
    As long as you don't crop the ears!!! you can crop the photos as much as you like. :-) The fact that one ear is standing is good. You can use the one to prop the other with a technique that'll cause him less discomfort. You need to find the right tape, very sticky... I'll try and post photos and drawings that'll help..... Are you still giving lots of Knox Gelatin?
    EarBridgeDrawing.jpg
    481 x 454 - 87K
    20130626_185955.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    20130626_185954.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
    Leukotape.jpg
    771 x 623 - 299K