Skip to content

Poorly Bully

Hi, I am after some help and advice Archie is 18 months old and for the past eight months has suffered from very sore feet, after a visit to the vets he has had several courses of antibiotics and an unnecessary op it was decided he had a deep bacterial infection so more antibiotics and steroids once they had finished his feet started to swell again so after hours on the net I decided he has interdigital cysts or furnacles. I have tried all the treatments that have been recommended various foot soaks different creams, grain free diet and at the moment he is on a raw diet with added pure salmon oil nothing seems to have helped as his feet are at there worst so reluctantly I have had to go back to the vets who has said he will need to be on a long course of antibiotics and he may always need to be on them, I am not happy with this but don't know what else to do. Archie has swellings between his toes that are inflammed and weep and very sore. Apart from his feet he is n good condition, Can anyone please help.
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 1M
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 1M
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 1M
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 2M

Comments

• You have only a one way for this, its hydrotherapy 3 times par day , time 5 minutes. 
  • Ho and you need a collar for Archie can't have access 
  • Collar 
    téléchargement.jpg
    194 x 260 - 6K
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Shame, such a beautiful boy.... must be so painful (and frustrating not being able to exercise)... The head cone is going to make life more frustrating... but he must not lick them. Let's hope the intensive hydrotherapy works.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • By hydrotherapy do you mean standing in a bowl of water 3x a day, we have already been doing this once a day for the last eight weeks, we have found that Epsom salts seem as good as anything to use, will try increasing to 3 daily soaks, as for the head collar may need to purchase one of these as the last one he had he managed to get off and shred to pieces ! Thank you for answering
  • You need to use the shower head's stream directly on the damaged paw. I did directly in the bath. Do it for 5 to 10 minutes 3 times per day , or more if you can.
    Dont forget, when you go outside, to protect his feet. Be patient, it could be take 4-5 weeks, depend how many time you do the hydrotherapy per day and protect his injury feet always you go outside.
  • I want u to know my Jack russel had the same last summer and it worked :) ( Dont forget the collard too ) It not easy, but be patient for him !
  • For the collar, be sure to have the good size, if he touch the interior with his foot, it's too small. Check with vet if you are not sure. But it is very important . HE DO NOT LICK HIS PAW.
    @Snowy... How are the boy's feet... any improvement?, what's worked, what hasn't?

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Hi, Archie has two more weeks of antibiotics left to take his feet are a lot better the cuts have healed they are not inflammed and the swelling has gone down, this is probably due to the medication. He has been having the hydrotherapy twice a day as suggested and coconut oil rubbed in if they look sore. He is now back on two shortish walks a day either grass or beach as he doesn't seem to like road walks ( think it hurts his feet). I just hope things don't take a downward turn once the medication stops. If they do start to deteriorate again I have decide to visit an hollistic vet and after that I think we have probably exhausted all avenues. I will continue with the hydrotherapy, raw diet and supplements as his coat is gleaming and he is very healthy apart from his poor little feet.
    If the medication has helped clear them up, as long as the inflammation is totally gone, the lack of meds shouldn't bring it back as it is highly unlikely that it's an internally generated thing. Obviously you are looking out for any pssible cause of external contamination, and as long as, as you say, he's on good nutrition and you clean & treat the feet topically, you should be in good shape. Watch out for any signs of licking or scratching. Those medicated wipes are pretty good. I rub our dogs feet with bag balm about once a week, they love the foot massage they get along with it while we watch TV in the evenings.  Also if they get it just before bed the have less chance of licking it off and it soaks in overnight.  Glad he's improving... keep us updated please.