Skip to content

Whats the best brand of food for puppies?

What brand of food will you guys recommend for my 7 weeks old terrier??
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 953K

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Basic Diet.jpg
    853 x 1524 - 1M
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Is he the orange one with the tattoo on his back or the pink one who looks like he is in heaven., :-B
    Follow Steve's link and please keep posting photos, stories, and questions... Is he your first EBT?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I hope you're ready... >:)

Bull terriers react differently to different foods. For example, my bull terrier did only okay on Taste of the Wild. She had pooper troubles and dull patchy hair. After switching her to Acana, she had a tremendous improvement of body, inside and out. Acana is a sister brand to Orijen, and I would recommend either to suit your pup. They do make puppy foods of these brands.

Good luck!
    I met a bullie today, totally white, with a MAGNIFICENT coat, in FL no less, he otherwise also looked in fabulous condition... I couldn't help but ask the owner what he ate.... He is on Pure Vita, Turkey Formula... Dog Food Advisors have it 4 star, our kids are on Orijen (5 star)... but I was really impressed by this boy..... Anybody else try this?

PurVita.jpg
    956 x 1280 - 332K
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • A doggy spa close by my house sells it, and apparently almost all of the people working there have their dogs on it.  The owner has his dogs on a raw diet, but he recommended it over Orijen because several of their clients did better with it. 
    Phil, from the photos of your Bullies I think their coats are excellent. I think I allow too much rough housing and playing in dirt because I have to work hard just to keep them clean. Throw the ball just one time with Nitro and he slides for catch like a baseball player into home plate.

I've never tried that food but as with any food, some dogs do real well on some foods while other foods (no matter what their ratings) just don't do them justice. I'm a firm believer It's always good to change up their diet from time to time vice having having them permanently on one type of food base. Based on the reviews it seems like a good one to try.
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    edited June 2014
    Yes, I ordered a 25lb bag ( little worried about how much sweet potato is in it) and I'll add it bit-by-bit...... I shoulda taken a photo of the dog I met yesterday ( that's on the Pure-Vita) ... Like a furry Casper The Ghost, not a blemish!
    Actually Steve... I wanted to edit the string name, but can't... Was a little concerned that some idiot would think we were trying to grow poppies... And call the DEA.
  • Hahaha!  I've been thinking that every time I see this thread name, wondering if it will show up in a search engine for something other than feeding little doggies.
    OK, I edited the discussion title Walter White so the DEA will have no clue where to find us.  :D

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • How are your BTs doing on PureVita?  I stopped by the place that sells it locally on Saturday and spoke with the owner about it.  He has one dog on a raw diet exclusively, and another on PureVita.  He said there are a couple of owners of dogs that have told him the coat is thicker on PureVita.  I picked up a small bag of the salmon and sweet potato with cranberries and blueberries since he only had a couple of flavors in small bags.  It's amazing and overwhelming the number of quality dog foods on the market now.
  • I give my puppy pro plan...so far so good....any opinions on pro plan?
    ProPlan isn't a good choice for this breed. It is high in grain and really doesn't have much value in regard to meats. It has no pro-biotics for their digestive system either. It ranks as a 2.5 star food in dogfoodadvisor. Here's the review - http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/purina-pro-plan-dog-food-dry/

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Ok thank you so much i'll be sure to change it :)