Skip to content

Red bumps on ears and lower belly.

Stoeger has developed these red bumps near his private on his stomach and in his ears. I havnt changed his diet and the only this that has changed is were outside ALoT more and I started brushing his teeth. At first I thought the red spots were bee stings bc we always tries to catch them but now he has them in his ears as well. I'm now convinced it possible an allergy to a weed/grass in the yard? I put balm bag on to see if it helps but I do t know what to do bc I don't want to keep him inside as we play and do a lot outside.
He is acting te same but I think the bumps in his ears itch. Kev and I also got some red bumps thâ looks similar, maybe from gnats? Do they even bite?
image.jpg
2448 x 2448 - 2M
image.jpg
2448 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Those do look like bug bites. Depending on where you live this time of year is bad for not only people but dogs too. I heard about problems with chiggers, Black Biting Flies, May Flies, ants, ticks, fleas, etc. All of which can cause bad reactions to some dogs. Sometimes what barely effects one dog can cause a big problem with another. With the heat coming in there are everything from aggravating gnats, mosquitoes, flies, and other bugs racking havoc on pets and people. It seems especially bad around sunset when the mosquitoes seem to congregate.
    With rashes it's always very hard for others to guess at what could be the cause. Your best course of action would be to pay close attention to any bugs and insects which you might be seeing while your outside. It's a little easy for us to fend off mosquitoes, flies, and other flying insects and people have a better sense of avoiding ant piles and other ground bugs.
    Did you try spraying him with the tick repellant recipe which works for other insects? - http://www.bulliesofnc.com/BTforum/discussion/750/tick-repellent-recipe-for-pets-and-people#Item_15

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I'll try the spray Steve! Bugs are so bad in ny right now, ticks too. Last week I had two as did Stoeger, even on tick/flea meds. They are predicting an awful summer full of bugs so ill mix up the spray and hopefully it'll help, I don't know how I forgot about it. Thanks!!
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Ouch! Both ears? Sure looks like ant bites to me, or some sort of spider... If't were me I'd treat them the same if a person got bug bites... Neosporin (with pain ) or other pain killing antibiotic ointment. Cortisone as long as there is no puncture or skin break, those ears have got to hurt like heck and if you're unlucky he'll start scratching and tearing them up.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • I was outside yesterday sitting in the yard and looked down..... Ants, EVERYWHERE!
    I mixed up the spray, but keepin a close eye on him. The bites are healing well though, and I don't see any new ones so fingers crossed!
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited May 2014
    Depending on the ant type you might find the granular poisons more effective than spray types. In Florida, because of the number of old people here, there are only 900,000 ants per person, but that's still a heck of a lot... We find our kids are not interested in the smell and stay away from the granular type.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.