edited May 2014 in Forum Member Photos

Puppy to Adult.jpg
360 x 720 - 207K
- Steve Gogulski
"It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
www.bulliesofnc.com

Comments

• Dang, I thought Apollo got out! ;)
  • I don't know any other breed of dog that looks as awesome as a BT at every stage of life.
  • Totally agree, Quinnofhearts! I actually feel sorry for folks who have any other breed, and then feel smugly superior to myself for knowing the secret.
  • My favorite pictures are puppy and adult pictures.
    how adorable
  • My Wilma will be a year old in 2 weeks. This dog has tried my patience to the bitter end. FINALLY she is growing up and is turning into a great dog. Thank you Steve for all your support and encouragement over the last months....I think I'm going to make it!
    283.png
    180 x 239 - 56K
    dscf0564.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 480K
    dscf0563.jpg
    640 x 480 - 163K
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited May 2014
    OMG what a beauty she is...... That river picture needs to be on National Geographic!  (even that "mutt" looks gorgeous :-) )... Trying patience is what they do for a living.... it's part of how they make us love them to death.
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Thanks Phil...she is a beauty. Her aggression towards our foster dogs has really lessened recently. She needs SO much attention and if she doesn't get it....she's not a happy camper and takes her aggression out on our foster dogs. Also, I have been exercising her to death. She fetches sticks in our pond for a hour or so and then I finish the night off with a flirt stick my husband made for her. SHE'S DONE!!!!

Try and think of WHY she is showing the aggression... it's not a natural tendency for EBT's because they are mostly highly self-confident and fearless... they would show it if they feel threatened (or if someone dear to them is ), or if they are feeling "neglected"... not that you are, even when they are most loved they still feel that they are not "top" in your mind.... even if its because you think they "others" need more support and not her??? Just throwing some ideas around for you to tinker with.

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Yes, Phil, I think you are right. Wilma is part of a pack of 9 mixed breed dogs that we have rescued over the last few years. Two years ago we rescued Willard, an older EBT who I believe was a breeder dog and taken to the shelter when they were "done" with him. It took awhile for him to fit into the pack but he did and loves his life here. Of course he demands a lot of attention but is a very gentle and sweet EBT and never starts any of the disruptions. Wilma, on the other hand, can be aggressive toward any foster dogs we may have under our care since the day she came home when she was only 9 weeks old. It is only the fosters that she attacks though. She is very submissive to our dogs that live here all the time. But, As I reflect on the "attacks" they always occurred when the dogs were near me. I guess it was a jealousy thing. Lately, I have been pouring on the attention (it's hard to do when you have 9 dogs begging for the same thing) and spending time with her throwing sticks and playing with her in her kiddie pool. If I'm not working, she is with me all the time and that seems to be working since we haven't had any attacks in the past couple of weeks. I was really afraid that she was going to kill a dog because the attacks were so vicious....however, there was never any torn skin or blood. :-?
    edited May 2014
    Lucky on the last part... female dogs can be VERY over protective..... Isabella is the sweetest, most submissive dog to all.... Once, a big dog started picking on Marco at the dogpark... She flew across 8ft of empty space like a rocket ship and ripped into the big dog like a demon witch, to protect her big brother.  I pity anyone that tries to harm my wife! It was like she got given the Exorcist Injection!
    :-(