Skip to content

worried about brown spot on my white bull terrier

I'm trying to figure out why my 3 month old white bull terrier area start showing some brown little spot around his body :-/ :-/

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Can you attach a photo so we can see it?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited March 2014
    how can I post a picture :-/ :-/
  • those are the brown spot on my white bull terrier
    DSC_0265.jpg
    3920 x 2204 - 1M
    DSC_0263.jpg
    3920 x 2204 - 2M
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Those are skin pigmentation marks which are natural. In reality, your Bull Terrier doesn't have very many of them. Those pigmentation marks are easier to see where the fur is thin like the stomach or ears. However, if you brush through his fur throughout his body (especially when he is wet) you will be able to see many more.
    Skin pigmentation on Bull Terriers is not recognized as a fault within the standard. Fur color outside the face and ears on a white Bull Terrier would be considered a fault. Your Bull Terrier has no issues from from what I see from the photos you provided.
    Usually the pigment spots on a Bull Terrier are black vice brown unless the Bull Terrier carries the liver gene.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks a lot

I was just making sure that my dog is OK #:-S #:-S
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    As Steve says... That's actually quite few, probably that's why you think they are strange .. Typically there are a lot more on a white bullie's body.... I would however, be a little more careful when you are stirring your black coffee in future.... Just kidding :((
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • My dog isn't white, but the older she got, the more spots have showed up on her white parts. Just had some spots on her neck come through. She has more spots on her belly than she did when she was a baby. So I would expect more to come through on your boy, but nothing to worry about. :)