Skip to content

11 month old bull terrier

I have had my bull terrier for 2 weeks now and he has been great for the most part.  But since Friday he has been doing a few things I hadn't seen him do before, No.1 was Friday afternoon when I got home from work I let him into the house with me and he did a poo on the hall floor, he had never even tried to go in the house before and always goes on his walks which was great.  No.2 is that he mouths a lot, always when we are playing and not agressively but when he is told "No!" he will still try.

This morning was the strangest behaviour, i went into the run I built him to top him up with food and water after his walk and before i went to work, when i put his food in his bowl he started to growl, I turned and firmly said "NO!" and he cowered away which i found strange, i softened my tone and called him over and petted him for a while before leaving but he seemed very out of sorts.  just wondering could there be an issue from his previous owner?

Comments

• philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    #1 it is going to take him more than 2 weeks to get comfortable with his new surroundings.
    #2 it would be helpful to know his origins and history.
    #3 have you owned a Bullie b4? They are not the best at being left caged all day.
    #4 it is unusual for any Bullie owner (worth being a bullie owner) to give up on a 10 1/2 month boy, one might assume that the previous owner never did a good job during the most critical 10 months his life, and you may have your work cut out undoing what has already been done.
    Please give us a full resume of his daily life, exercise, antics, food and other dog and human exposure if we are going to be able to formulate any quality suggestions for you.

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.