Skip to content

Champ

BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
I'm finally back at home and relaxing after another long trip to rescue a Bull Terrier that was rendered to us. This guys name is "Champ." He is 1 1/2 years old, born on June 18, 2012. He came from a litter that we provided Stud Service for a Breeder in Delaware. The sire of the litter is "Rocky."
I was shocked the other day when I received the phone call from the owner asking if we could find a home for Champ. Due his schedule and constant traveling he does not have time for Champ.
I was saddened when I seen Champ and noticed the deep gashes in his neck from a collar that was digging into him. It looked as though he was tied up and over time it just rubbed him raw. I'll have to put some meds on it and hope it doesn't scar. I guess it's a little upsetting to pick him up and see their million dollar home, new Porche, and new Jaguar that are all in meticulous shape and Champ looks like he wasn't amongst the priorities. I guess I'm just happy they contacted me vice taking him to a shelter.
Champ is a real active Bull Terrier with a lot of energy. He comes when he's called but he's a bit wild right now. He absolutely loves to play ball. I had to take the tetherball off the pole and hide it because he wouldn't stop playing with it. I'll have to take some good photos of him tomorrow. Today I took a few as soon as I seen him and a couple more while he was playing outside here at my house.

20140208 (4).jpg
600 x 338 - 80K
20140208 (5).jpg
600 x 338 - 97K
20140208 (6).jpg
600 x 338 - 99K
20140208 (7).jpg
600 x 338 - 60K
20140208 (8).jpg
600 x 338 - 86K
20140208 (9).jpg
600 x 338 - 82K
20140208 (10).jpg
600 x 338 - 63K
20140208 (11).jpg
600 x 338 - 86K
20140208 (12).jpg
600 x 338 - 89K
20140208 (13).jpg
600 x 338 - 71K
20140208 (14).jpg
600 x 338 - 89K
20140208 (15).jpg
338 x 600 - 77K
20140208 (16).jpg
338 x 600 - 84K
- Steve Gogulski
"It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
www.bulliesofnc.com

Comments

• Last 2 photos tell the story. That big bullie smile! He is happy knowing he will be loved & cared for as he deserves.
  • What!? Are you serious about the collar! That really pisses me off, I have no idea how you kept your cool.
  • Was it the person who you provided the stud service for or was it someone they sold Champ to?
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited February 2014
    It was someone that bought a puppy from the litter. He's actually a very well known individual that some might recognize if they're into NBA. I'm not a basketball fan.
    He told me that friends would look over him when he was traveling. I have a feeling it was those individuals that caused the harm to his neck. Overall he's not in real bad shape. He needs some weight on him. He is house broken too so he must have been inside. The owner seemed sad to see him leave today. Who knows, all I know is that someone will be very happy with him.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Decided it would be best if I deleted the photos of the owner. It would probably be best if people didn't know about it.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited February 2014
    Porsche, Million Buck house, Jagwar (USA pronunciation)... all perfect ingredients for someone who has their priorities well and truly up their arse, and couldn't begin to comprehend that the Love of a Bullie has far more value than all of those.... What a dick!  (Sounds like his head is in the "clouds" too).
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
    edited February 2014
    I vote you put the owner photos back... at least some would then know which game to take the eggs to.
    (At least I know the owner's name now... named after the dog.... Chump)
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • Too late...already seen them and yes, I know his face.
  • edited February 2014
    I saw the pictures, but I still have no clue who he is.  Can't imagine having one of Rocky's babies and giving him anything but a perfect, loving life.  Champ is gorgeous and seeing his expression looking at the tether ball is fun to see, until I see his neck. 

There's always hope going forward that a new life awaits that will be a perfect one.  It's hard seeing two rescues of perfect dogs back-to-back.  I'm confident Champ will be in the right home soon, Steve and Craig will make sure of it. 
    Champ has been adopted by a wonderful family. It was sad seeing him go today but I know he's in good hands.

20140302 (3).jpg
    1632 x 918 - 2M
    20140302 (2).jpg
    1632 x 918 - 2M
    20140302 (1).jpg
    1632 x 918 - 2M
    20140302 (4).jpg
    1632 x 918 - 2M
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Well they certainly match!
  • Yay!  Awesome that Champ has a great home.  He's going to be giving everyone a great workout.  He looks ready to play.
  • Best wishes for Champ! He deserves the best! He is such a gorgeous tri!
  • He is a beautiful EBT.  He sure loves balls to play with.  Great to see him adopted to a great family.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • So wonderful! Thanks for letting us know Champ found a new and loving home. He's absolutely a handsome, handsome fella!
  • Hi there !!!  My husband and I adopted Champ, and our lives have changed for the better. We are very happy to have Champ as a new member of our pack. He loves to play all sorts of fun games, often he comes up with rules as to how to play. At night, we watch movies together. If Champ hears dogs barking in the movie, he barks with them. If he doesn't like the movie, he will just go to sleep next to us. We do everything together with Champ, he is a great company. We can not imagine living without him. Just wanted to share some pics with all you guys. Will post more updates soon. Champ says "Woof !!! "
    Champ in the sun.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 461K
    Champ and Ballie.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 569K
    Champ looks fantastic! So glad you found the Forum and joined so we see updated photo's of Champ. He looks happy and well taken care of.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Oh! So great! I've been dying to hear from Champs new family... He's a fabulous looking boy and I'm sure he is a delight... Does he like other big animals on TV? Can you get him to visit horses, or cows or deer or alpacas or something.... I think you'll be surprised at the result.
  • Thanks for the update.  He sounds to have taken over and is in great hands.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • edited June 2014
    Champ would like to wish his dad, Rocky, "Happy Farther's Day !!!"  "Love you, man. Woof"

Here is a pic of Champ chilaxing on the couch, which is now his couch. These days, Champ is really happy, and enjoys receiving and giving lots of love and affection without loosing his wild and fun self. He no longer eats his food fast as if it were his last meal. Champ is content with himself and enjoying the heck out of our company.

Life of a happy bully.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 152K
    Great photo of Champ enjoying a peaceful Sunday afternoon.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Stop stealing my photos and using my descriptions will you!!!!!... Isn't it weird that most Bullies are soooo similar with their poses and behaviours...
  • This is the latest on Champ. We now call him "Chia Champ"
    10464091_722492647808372_480264147484846464_n.jpg
    960 x 720 - 84K
    He looks like he went down into the forest and drank some strange witches' elixir that turned him into a ewok wooly EBT!
    edited June 2014
    Whoever that is, he sure does look cute though!
  • Woof !!!  This is Champ enjoying the view from the window, saying hello to the doggies in the neighborhood. 
    Image08012014171929.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 170K
  • Woof !!!  Here are the pictures from Champ's spring training. As you can see, Champ is in fantastic shape. This is his favorite training. He does this several times a day, seven days a week. Champ is a beast now. The last picture shows the springs.

spring training one.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 437K
    spring training two.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 428K
    spring training three.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 425K
    spring training four.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 474K
    spring training five.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 443K
    spring training six.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 427K
    spring training seven.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 335K
  • Very sad story that has a happy ending, love it!
  • Thank you alexa. My Champ is very happy now, and well behaved.
  • Woof everyone !!!  Our Champ has a new nick name:  Pookey.  He loves to be called by this name.  Some pics of latest Pookey. Enjoy....
    pookey2.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 172K
    pookey.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 168K
    shoulder pookey.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 184K
    Look at that beautiful face!!!!    :-c

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    I know this photo isn't the best, but I had to post it to show how similar Pookey's markings are to Marco's
    MarcosMarkings.jpg
    720 x 960 - 402K
  • Marco is good looking !!!  How old is Marco ?
    edited October 2014
    He'll be two in December.... I'm looking for a girlfriend for him if you know of anyone.
  • Happy Holidays from Pookesta (a.k.a. Champ) !!! 
    MVC-258S.JPG
    640 x 480 - 40K
    MVC-260S.JPG
    480 x 640 - 43K
    MVC-254S.JPG
    640 x 480 - 47K
    Pookey's toy.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 375K
    Pookey's toy2.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 364K
    Pookey has something to say.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 179K
    pookey2.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 172K
    He's a happy Bullie that looks like he plays hard. He's one of those that needs a nose rub down with bag balm after a rough day of play.  :D

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Hi Bullies and their humans,
    Champ, a.k.a. Pookey, Pookesta, PookeyDog selfies here to share with you all. How are we looking ?  He is going to be 3 next month. Pookey is extremely active. The photo on the right is after Pookesta plays hard outside, he comes running in to his "open crate" and catches his breath. Will post more pics soon.
    IMG_0020.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 609K
    IMG_0009.JPG
    960 x 960 - 259K
    IMG_0008.JPG
    960 x 1280 - 453K
  • Correction:  I meant the photo on the left is his open crate.
    Wow, I can't believe 3 years has gone by that quick. I remember him as a small puppy. I sure wish you had obtained him from the beginning when he was 8 weeks old. However, I will always be grateful that you adopted him after the original owner gave up on him saying he didn't have time for him.

No more NBA players will be getting my puppies unless I know for sure they are committed to raising the most awesome dog in the world !!!!

20140208.jpg
    368 x 653 - 154K
    Kemba.jpg
    500 x 600 - 152K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks for the pics Steve. My husband and I always say that at least the original owner got in touch with you instead of dropping Champ at a shelter somewhere. We give him credit for doing the right thing. Time flies when you are having fun with your bully. We are very fortunate to have met you and Champ at the right time. As I type this right now, he is wiping his nose on my sweater. Something like this is priceless to me. This is our first bully experience and it sure is a good one. Thank you Steve. Say hi to Julie for us.
  • So happy that champ finally found a great home to be with people who truly love him he looks awesome it must of been very upsetting for steve to have allowed this person to buy one of his pups to later in find out he was not treated how he should of been I'm glad u put his photo up steve because knowing how much u love your bullies and pups u breed this must of been a real kick in the gut that this person who has everything couldn't give champ what he needed .shame on him rotten git .
  • I remember reading when Champ was first turned back in to Steve...can't believe someone could give up their bullie!! But then again, I dedicate a lot of time to my dog, so I can't believe someone in the NBA would have ever thought they would have the time for a dog anyway!! I guess it was just the cool thing to do... So happy that Champ is in a loving home now. He looks great!!!
  • Thank you everyone for your kind words. My husband and I never had bullies before. I did some research on bullies but never knew how great this very special breed was. Meeting Steve and Julie was a wonderful experience because they truly care for the breed. I read a lot about less than perfect breeders and not so caring rescue people. When I first got in touch with Steve, he just got Champ from the previous owner and the rest is a history. My husband initially help Champ to become obedient, because Champ was somewhat wild. After a few months, Champ got to know us, got addicted to our love, started to openly show his love for us. Champ is very fun to be with. Today, all three of us are inseparable.
  • It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that our beloved Pookey, a.k.a. Champ has
    passed way yesterday, July 27, due to heart failure. Our Pookesta was fine; healthy and active until Thursday of the previous week when during a light play session, he lay down and was unable to get back up for about five minutes. He then wanted to resume playing with his favorite coconut toy. We made a vet appointment on Tuesday and were informed that one side of his heart was enlarged and also has a heart murmur. Came home with the appropriate medications. And he still passed away on Thursday. It was that quick. Needless to say, we are heartbroken. RIP Pookey. 6/18/2012 - 7/27/2017
  • edited July 2017
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. 5 years of age. That seems unusual.
  • Rip champ aka pookey
  • So sad..
    I have to ask; does anyone know who the dam was for Champ? In the first post, I read the sire was Rocky and that he was studded out to a breeder in Delaware.
    I'm asking because I've bought both of by girls from a breeder in Delaware. Delaware being such a small state, im wondering if they could be related.
    Sadly both of my girls have a history of heart murmurs from 6wks old. Ruby being 7months old has appeared to out grow hers. And Roxy being 2yrs in september, still has a very light murmur. Almost undetectable but can still be heard.
    I'm very curious as to who this breeder might be. Please if anyone knows anything about Champs lineage, private message or post back.
    I would like to prepare myself in the future for similar symptoms of this genetic fault.
    edited July 2017
    Nooooooo, that is devastating news! I am so sorry to hear this. Poor Pookey!

I can only imagine how crushed you are. I still remember when you came to adopt him and fell in love with him at first sight. I seen you post so many heart warming photos of him on Social Media over the past 4 years and I know how much he meant to you guys.

=(( :((

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    @Cyndij33 - The litter that Pookey (Champ) came from was from a breeder in Delaware. His name is Jesus. He has only had a couple of litters and only owns 2 Bull Terriers. He came to us for stud service. The name of the Dam was "Maxine."
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com