Skip to content

DNA Testing

edited February 2014 in General
anyone know of a place i can get ciroc dna tested i want to find out if hes a pure breed. and if he is would i be able to get papers?

Comments

• Unfortunately, even with a DNA test coming back, you won't be able to get kennel club papers or register under a club for many things. But there are some tests you can buy, would be fun to see what might come up!

http://www.wisdompanel.com
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    DNA testing is for proving authentic bloodlines through recorded DNA's conducted in the past. It is a means of preventing breeders from falsely claiming inappropriate sires and dams of litters. It would not be able to be utilized for gaining registrations papers. If your breeder didn't register the litter you will never be able to get AKC papers. However, there are a few kennel clubs that will provide you registration papers with only a few photos submitted to them. Those kennels don't have too much merit with true enthusiasts of canine breeds but it's apparent they are becoming popular within our country. CKC is a top contender. Send them a couple pics of your Bullie, let them know he/she is a Bull Terrier, and provide them a couple bucks and they'll be happy to send you papers. On the other hand, AKC will not entertain and form of registration without appropriate litter registration that comes from legitimate registered parents with AKC registration.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • hmm good to know yeah so back story of how i got ciroc. there was a kid who bought him and the parents said he couldnt have the dog and that he would be kicked out so he girl i was dating ended up buying him for me as a christmas present so i know nothing about the parents and i had ciroc since 4 weeks
    Well I commend you for raising a puppy from the young age of 4 weeks old. Unfortunately you wont be able to obtain AKC papers but that doesn't mean you can't have the perfect Bull Terrier companion that will become your best friend..

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    Hector, I am glad that Ciroc ended up with you, otherwise I'd be asking for the address of "the kid" and "the parents" so I could be on my way to inflict some pain..... How do people embark on actions they cannot complete without the benefit of forethought?
    In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • SeonSeon Lake Camanch, CA
    When I first searched for an EBT I contacted a breeder who said that the dam had papers but not the sire so I continued my search.  4 months later I received an email from the same breeder saying that she has "acquired" papers to register the litter.  Very suspicious.  Needless to say, I passed.
  • edited February 2014
    good to know hes the most loyal and loving dog. 

• edited February 2014
    by the looks of him does he resemble a pure??
    1661437_799707536710220_1520624253_n.jpg
    960 x 540 - 59K
    1618495_799707573376883_358486373_n.jpg
    960 x 540 - 71K
  • He is really cute, he actually looks a little bit like a pitbull!

Either way, gorgeous fellow and im sure he will be a great companion!
  • philsergeantphilsergeant Palm City, Florida, USA
    edited February 2014
    He is in great shape.  I can tell you for certain that he is a pure heartbreaker. His nose is a little concave but have seen purebred EBT's with somewhat concave noselines.  He is a little lanky but I have seen those too. Hard to tell from those pics alone.  He's far prettier than a pitbull ... do you have many of those around there?  Might be a touch of one of them in his bloodline.. what do you think Steve?

In the beginning God created English Bull Terriers, in the image of EBT's, God created all other breeds.
  • His nose is a heart shape! How cute!
  • He's the only bull terrier I've seen in az so far everyone flips when they see him oh its Petey oh its spud Mckenzie. I've never seen a bull terrier before hahah. I can't even track down the person who bred him
    It's hard to tell from those photos. His eyes appear bigger and rounder without the triangle appearance, nose and muzzle seem a little off, and the ears appear bigger and rounder. He does have some similarities to a APBT.
    He's a nice looking dog regardless!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com